69 Kidnapping

Part 69 Kidnapping

If it was some other situation, Arnav also reciprocated Khushi's hug. But now, it is a different situation. She is overwhelmed and also emotionally dominated.

"Khushi..." Arnav called her softly.

Khushi gripped him more not wanting to get away from him.

"Khushi, listen to me..."

He made her break the hug and wiped her cheek. Khushi held his hand which was holding her cheek.

"This is what I wanted to talk to you about," she said with restless eyes.

"We will talk... let's go."

Khushi wiped her face with her saree pallu and got in.

"Khushiji... have Prasad." Anjali handed a bowl full of keer.

Taking it from her hand, Khushi ate it silently.

"Chotte, you too have some," Anjali said.

Arnav took a spoon full of keer from Khushi's bowl and ate. Anjali nodded NO smilingly.

Finishing the keer, Khushi went to her room not waiting for Arnav to come with her. But Arnav followed her and locked the door. He saw her sitting on the bed. There was a silence in the room. Khushi's eyes flowed again. Arnav sighed at her softly. Khushi couldn't control her whimper. Arnav came and sat next to her. In no time, Khushi leaned on his shoulder, circling his bicep.

"Khushi relaxes... he just came to meet you..."

"Because of him, my mother was burnt alive, Arnavji. I saw her flesh burning into ashes. I can't forget her deathly scream, Arnavji. he is a drunkard" She cried.

Arnav turned towards her and made her lean on his chest.

"I don't like that man... I don't want to talk to him. I hate him, Arnavji..."

"Shhhh... you don't have to talk to him... there is no necessary to meet him... I won't let him near you... Ok?"

Khushi nodded OK.

"Don't cry..."

Wiping her cheek, Khushi rested on his chest. Without disturbing her, Arnav let her be relaxed. After a while, Arnav caressed her hair.

"Khushi... are you alright?"

She was silent.

"Don't be so mean ok? We will handle it."

She again nodded ok and raised her head.

"Do you know how much I was worried about you?"

"About me...? But why?"

"I was scared of my past. I thought..."

Cutting her,

"I will also be like Krish's mother...right?"

She nodded yes.

"Crazy girl... "

"You too crazy you know..." she said wiping her cheek.

"Me? really?"

"Then what? You should not have hidden the truth...we wasted our precious days..." she chided.

"Wasted? In what sense Khushi?" he asked with a teasing smile.

"Oh... I mean... I would not have been worried..." She managed.

"I thought something else..." He said looking at her, tilting his head.

"Nothing is like that..." Khushi stood from the bed.