66 I'm not drunk

Part 65 I'm not drunk

"I'm not drunk"

That one sentence changed Khushi's condition upside down. The courage which she had a few minutes ago flew away through the French door. Her body sweated badly. She stood, without a movement, looking at Arnav who was also looking at her deeply, expecting an important reply from her.

The stern gaze of him told her that he is not lying. He is not drunk. Yes, he is standing very close to her but she felt no smell of alcohol. Did he sprinkle the alcohol on his coat? She looked at the coat which was lying on the floor lifelessly. Yes, he stunk just when the coat was on his shoulder. He even said that WILL YOU BELIEVE IF I SAY I DIDN'T DRINK? Did he act like a drunken man? But why? Why did he act like he is drunk? Just to say what he feels for her? That means, did he say everything with SENSE...?

"Don't you love me?" His voice sounded soft.

He asked again with a MINUTE change. It might be a minute change but it had a huge difference. The question changed from "DO you love me?" into "DON'T you love me?"

The first question wants confirmation but the second one holds expectations and also craving. Khushi Singh Raizada understood that. She has to answer. What does she answer? Not that she doesn't want to. But she was not prepared for his sudden move. At the same time, she couldn't disappoint him. If not now then when will she reply? Will it be worth hearing if she gives the reply some other day instead of now?

Khushi slowly closed her eyes and nodded YES.

"Haan... I do..."

She stood gulping hard, not wiping her sweaty face.

Making herself up, she slowly opened her eyes and saw him standing, folding his hands, adoring her smilingly. This is the first time he is seeing her like this... so nervous... so scared... so panicked... Did she get afraid of him or his power ever before? Of course, he tried to intimidate her many times... But to whom he tried to show his power? KKG? Could he succeed? Never... Khushi Gupta just went, passing him, just like dusting her dress.

But now... she is nervous... By the emotions...by the feelings... by her husband's confession. She is a girl who could be controlled by love not by bloody money or damn power. The man who understood that is begging her love, giving up his dirty ego.

"But, Arnavji..." She tried to talk to him about her story. But, Arnav kept his index finger on her lips and stopped her.

"Shhh... I don't want to hear any Ifs and BUTs now. Let me relish the moment. Let it be PURE."

Khushi was disappointed. Arnav lowered his finger from her lips slowly and again folded his hands, looking at her.

"You should eat." She said stammering.

"You gave me words." He said with his trademark smirk.

"Words?"

"You said you will feed me."

This is another blow to Khushi Raizada. Feed? She would have fed him if he is drunk because he won't remember anything the next day morning. But now, he is in the full sense. How could she do that now?

"Won't you keep your words Khushi?" He asked so softly but firmly.

Khushi blinked her eyes breathing hard.

"Why are you sweating?"

He extended his hand to touch her cheek and Khushi flinched back. Without minding about it, Arnav wiped her cheek softly. In that, his thumb touched her quivering lips which made her close her eyes again.

"I'm hungry," Arnav said huskily.

Khushi opened her eyes jerking.

"Feed me."

He said looking at her lips, spilling a frolic smile. Usually, in this situation, girls feel butterflies in their stomachs. But...Khushi felt like, a few birds were wing-stroking in her stomach. Poor girl, what could she do if he hit her with his back-to-back actions?

"Are not you going to get fresh?" She asked collecting some courage.

"Am I looking dirty? Or am I stinking?" He smirked at her teasingly.

Khushi stood not answering. Why should she answer when he questions her to tease her?

"I will be back in a few minutes."

Arnav went to the washroom hurriedly to get fresh, not to waste time. Khushi sat on the bed panting hard. She had heard many times that life can be changed in a moment. But she didn't expect she will experience it through Arnav like this.

She stood when Arnav was out of the washroom. He came wiping his face and sat on the recliner. He looked at Khushi and then the plate. Khushi moved to the tea table and took the plate in her hand. Arnav was constantly looking at her. Taking a bit of roti, she dipped it into the dall. Clutching her hand, Arnav made her sit on the tea table. Khushi slowly forwarded the roti piece to Arnav's mouth. Khushi was cautious not to touch his lips. Understanding her intention, Arnav purposely licked her finger while taking the morsel. Khushi fisted her fingers, feeling something erotic in her stomach. After that, her fingers felt the warmth of his lips often. She kept the plate on the table, after completed feeding.

Arnav went to the bed and lay down. Khushi's poor heart is almost jumping inside her chest. She silently lay beside Arnav, facing her back to Arnav, and closed her eyes. She felt his warm palm on her upper arm. She looked at him jerking, turning her face. Circling her waist, Arnav pulled her towards him gently.

"I so wanted to sleep with you like this, Khushi. Shall I?" hugging her, he asked her permission to hug her.

Why the hell he is asking her embarrassing questions? What could she answer? Yes, you can sleep hugging me?

"I don't mean something that you are thinking. I mean sleep... just sleep... together...under the same blanket...with your hand on my chest... sharing a warm hug..." he whispered.

She was looking at him not answering.

"Shall I take your silence as YES?"

He didn't get an answer to that question too. So, he lay hugging her.

"Don't take me wrong if I touched the PRIVATE areas in my sleep" he whispered again.

Khushi widened her eyes shockingly. Arnav smiled at her expression. She closed her eyes and again opened them a hearing,

"I'm sorry..."

She turned her face not understanding anything.

"I'm sorry for not treating you with respect at first."

Khushi was looking at him forgetting to blink. Arnav Singh Raizada is apologizing for his deeds.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Khushi. I didn't know that my attitude could hurt you because I used to behave with everyone in that way only. That's what I'm. I thought you would also be like other girls. I'm sorry I behaved silly. I'm sorry..."

Arnav Singh Raizada poured his heart with all his SENSE as Khushi wished. Khushi Gupta was overwhelmed by his hearty apology.

Arnav made her turn towards him and hugged her comfortably. As Khushi didn't expect, he kissed her cheek lovingly. Khushi clutched the bed sheet closing her eyes, feeling the warmth.

"Good night," He said looking at her.

Arnav closed his eyes to get some sleep but Khushi couldn't sleep that night. some waves raising and hitting her mind continuously. Why did he stop her when she wanted to talk to him? Everything would have finished today itself if he had let her talk. However, she has to finish it tomorrow, no matter what. She saw sleeping Arnav. How peacefully he is sleeping after pouring his heart out...! this is what she also wants. Tomorrow night will be a peaceful night for her. She slowly wrapped him and buried her face in his chest.

To be continued...