60 No matter what...

Part 60 No matter what...

Arnav saw a bowl in Khushi's hand. He didn't know what it was. She came and sat on the tea table in front of the recliner and looked at him.

"What's that?" Arnav asked, cocking his brows.

"Turmeric and Neem paste... it heals the wound." She said, keeping the bowl on the table.

The man who always goes with MODERN medicine looked at her perplexed.

"It really cures?" He asked the doubt.

"Haan... my Amma uses almost home remedies... this is one of the best." She said confidently.

Arnav was hesitant not because he doesn't like such medicine. It's because she will remove the dupatta piece of hers from his palm which she tied to stop the blood flow a few minutes ago.

"I think I'm fine..." He said.

"That's good... you will be completely alright if you get applied it." She insisted.

"Actually...."

"If you don't like this, no problem..." She was supposed to get up from the tea table,

"No, wait..." He sat on the recliner, extending his hand forward halfheartedly.

He doesn't want her to remove the piece of Shawl from his hand. At the same time, he can't miss the chance to get treated by her though.

He sighed when Khushi pulled the knot of the cloth. She checked the cloth whether if there is a blood strain or not. As she tied it only after keeping enough cotton on the wound, there was no bloodstain on the cloth. Instead of throwing it away, she kept the cloth aside making Arnav relief. She will tie it on his palm again. Clutching his palm with her left hand, she applied the turmeric paste on the wound.

"Would you use only home remedies?" Arnav asked to start a conversation between them.

"Yes... Amma always prefers this kind of medicine because there are no side-effects..." she said while applying the paste.

Arnav felt like, a peacock feather is caressing his palm.

"I use allopathic medicine all the time. I remember my mother use such things when she was alive."

Though he didn't say you are the one who uses the same as his mother Khushi understood that. She continued her work, not looking at him. She tied the shawl piece again around his palm.

"Is this salwar a new one? I had not seen it before?" he intentionally asked her.

This time, Khushi couldn't hold herself from looking at him. Does he know what she wears? Is he watching her to this extent?

"Yes, this is a new one...Amma bought it for me."

"You spoilt it by tearing it." He said not showing his real joy expression.

Khushi got the point that he is hinting her about she tore the new shawl for HIM.

"Sometimes, I do something like that," she said and bit her lip to control the smile.

Arnav chuckled.

"That means, I should be careful as you do something like tearing....?" He asked with a lopsided smile.

"You should be happy if it is JUST about tearing something." She said controlling her laugh.

"Oh..." Arnav raised his eyebrows.

"Take rest... call me if you want ANYTHING," Khushi said taking the bowl from the table.

Arnav wanted to say I always want YOU to be with me but he knew she needs time for such cheesy dialogues. He simply nodded ok gulping down.