55 Not a tough nut

Part 55 Not a tough nut

Khushi took blessings from Shashi and Garima and hugged Arpita. Garima took leave from Khushi. Gupta's left RM leaving Khushi with teary eyes. Arnav extended his handkerchief and Khushi didn't deny. She wiped her tears off with Arnav's handkerchief.

Anjali called them to perform the Grahapravesh ritual. Khushi kicked the rice Kalash and entered into RM, leaving her footprint on the floor as Raizada Bahu.

As per Raizada ritual, Groom would bring the bride inside the home by lifting her in his arms. But Arnav doesn't want to perform the ritual and make Khushi embarrassed. He asked Nani to avoid the ritual. Nani agreed to his request halfheartedly.

They were about to enter into RM, Manorama stopped them.

"Arnav bituwa, have you forgotten our custom?"

Of course, Nani told Manorama about Arnav's request but she was not ready to accept it. How could anyone miss the amazing ritual which can be performed only one time in life?

Arnav looked at Khushi who didn't get anything.

"You should carry Khushi in your arms Nannav," NK said who is ready to lift Lavanya.

Arnav looked at Anjali who gestured him to go ahead.

"Come on Arnav bituwa, NK and Lavanya are also waiting," Manorama said.

Khushi clutched the garland on her neck to control her nervousness. Without any choice, Arnav lifted her in his arms and walked inside, not looking at Khushi. She was also not looking at him but we can't say she doesn't enjoy the ritual. Arnav kept her down on the floor, looking at her face.

Arnav and NK asked to be in the living room. Anjali took Khushi to Arnav's room whereas Payal took Lavanya to NK's room.

Anjali made Khushi sit on Arnav's bed which was being decorated.

"Good night Khushiji"

Khushi smiled at her...

Anjali touched her cheek and left the room, closing the door.

Khushi's heart raced like a horse. Her attention went to the door as she heard a CLICK sound. She saw Arnav entering, closing the door. He saw Khushi sitting on HIS bed and he headed towards her. Khushi stood on the bed to get down. In the urgency, she stepped on her saree pallu and slipped from the bed. In no time, Arnav held her protectively. Getting detached from him, she took a few steps away from him hurriedly. Arnav pressed his lips together and raised his brows.

Khushi gathered her clothes from her bag and went to the washroom to get changed. Arnav changed his dress in the living room before Khushi comes. He sat on the recliner and waited.

Within a few minutes, Khushi came out of the washroom, changing into a nightgown. She kept her wedding dress in her bag.

"I will take the couch if you are not comfortable."

Hearing his stance, Khushi got stuck. She looked at him unbelievably. Would he really sleep on the couch?

"I have no problem sleeping on the couch..." he smiled understanding the reason for her shocking expression.

Khushi didn't know what to answer. It was least expected for her, after all. Could she say I'm comfortable to sleep with you on the same bed?

"No...it's not necessary." She said looking at somewhere.

"Really?" he asked with a lopsided smile.

"Jee..."

"Ok... you go to sleep. I have some work." He opened the laptop.