33 The Burning Past

Part 33 The Burning Past

Arnav was terribly horrified, seeing Khushi's state who was on his chest. In no time, he scooped her in his arms and rushed towards the main building. News of the fire accident reached the main building faster than Arnav. Everyone came out of their cubicle to know what happened. The staff of AR stunned, seeing the great ASR running, taking his PA in his arms whereas NK became panic about his friend. Aman who came out also saw Khushi in Arnav's arms.

"Khushi....." NK shouted.

"What happened to Khushi Nannav?" He rushed towards Arnav while asking.

"Call the doctor.... Quick..." Arnav ran to his cabin with Khushi while ordering Aman.

Aman removed his mobile and called the nearby hospital. As the call was from the manager of AR, the doctor started immediately, cutting the call. Aman hurried to Arnav's cabin. Arnav kept her on the couch cautiously. He sprinkled water on her face but no movement found in her.

"ASR, what happened?" Aman asked.

"She fainted, getting scared of fire."

"Did she get hurt?" NK asked worriedly.

"No... she was standing very close to the fire. So she became nervous." Arnav didn't say that he saw her in the terrific state.

The doctor reached the AR and staff directed him to Arnav's cabin. After examining Khushi, he injected into her.

"How is she, Doctor?" Arnav inquired with concern.

"She is in extreme stress. She should have scared of something."

"Yes, Doctor. She is scared, seeing a fire accident."

"Ohh... let her take a rest. Ask her to take this medicine tonight. She should be relaxed and this tablet will help her to be relaxed that is much needed to her."

The doctor forwarded the prescription to Arnav. Before he takes it from the doctor Aman took it.

"I will bring the medicine," Aman said.

Arnav nodded OK.

"Don't forget to give her" the doctor insisted on him again.

"Ok Doctor, I won't forget," Arnav said.

The doctor left his cabin with Aman. As NK didn't expect, Arnav sat beside Khushi and tucked her hair strands. NK was looking at him awestruck. He saw a concern in Arnav's eyes which he shows only for Anjali. Are Aman's words true? NK silently left the place.

Arnav was gazing at her with a lot of questions. Why she reacted to it that way? He knew how brave she is. Just by seeing the fire, why did she panic? She never frights for anything... What today he witnessed is totally opposite to Khushi's character. Even though she was scared what's there to faint? Is that serious? She is the only one who could give answers to his question but she won't and definitely not to Arnav. He sighed.

Arnav didn't disturb her and let her take rest. He could do nothing. His mind was not ready to do office work. He was pacing in his cabin, could not sit in a place.

After a while, Khushi slowly opened her eyes. She found herself in her Boss's cabin. She remembered what had happened. She sat on the couch freaking. She jerked hearing Arnav's voice even though it was so kind.

"Khushi, don't panic... you are alright. Ok...?"

Khushi looked at him with a wired gaze. That look told him that she was still in the fire effect. Arnav passed the glass of water to her. As she felt her throat dry, she didn't deny. She gulped it in a go.