39 Clause

Part39 Clause

Arnav got a call on his mobile from an unknown number. He got struck when he attended it because the call was from Shashi Gupta, his going to be father-in-law.

"I'm Shashi Gupta... Khushi's father..."

"Yeah....I know"

"I would like to meet you...can I?"

"Sure...why not?"

"Where and when I can meet you?"

"Anytime...anywhere... (he paused for a while) you can meet me in the office, today."

"Thank you..."

"Welcome."

They disconnected the call. Arnav looked at the phone thoughtfully. It's obvious if a father wants to meet a man who is going to get married to his daughter. But Arnav could not conclude it just like that. Maybe, Shashi Gupta wants to talk about Khushi's past. Whatever, he prepared himself for the meeting with his would-be father in law. He left RM finishing breakfast.

AR

When Arnav entered the office, Khushi was already working in her cubicle. He stood for a while and headed towards her. She stood from the chair, seeing him. We can't say she looked usual but she tried to be casual.

"Good morning, Sir." She wished him like always.

Arnav smiled at her not reciprocating to her "good morning".

"Di said you agreed to marry me."

Khushi looked at her watch. The time was 9:55am.

"We don't have to care about TIME anymore... because our relationship is beyond that," he said teasingly.

"I don't want to change YOUR clause. It will remain as same as what it was..."

Arnav cocked his eyebrows while his lips curved.

"That means you have not understood the power of MRS. ASR..."

"Apart from the title, I'm KHUSHI... neither do I need any identity nor any tag."

"Ohh... is everything going to remain the same?" he folded his hands.

Khushi stood not answering.

"Then what about our marriage?" he smirked.

"It's you who wants to marry me. I'm agreed to marry you because you forced me...because my sister's life and my parent's happiness is important to me... I don't want them to suffer because of my decision. I would not have agreed to marry you if you had not forced me."

Though her stances are sharp her face looked expressionless.

"Yes.... it's me... I forced you... you would not have agreed to marry me if I had not forced you... I know you don't want to marry me... there is nothing you could do with it... am I right?"

Khushi looked at him dumbfounded. Why does he putting such statements on the behalf of her?

Khushi was scared that Arnav may question her about her past in the future. That's why Khushi tried to UNDERLINE the statement that THERE IS NOTHING SHE COULD DO TO STOP OR DENY MARRYING HIM. Arnav understood that and he himself took all the blames on him.

"Anyhow, you agreed to marry me. As of now it's enough. We will talk about the rest after our marriage."

He was supposed to leave, but again taking two steps, he came close to her, making her bewildered.