31 What Truth?

Part 31 

Akash and NK went to their room. Payal followed Akash. Laya was so happy that the family is totally opposing Arnav's proposal. She also got back to her room a little relieved.

Anjali, Nani, Manoram were still there in the living room with Shyam.

"What's wrong with you Rani Sahiba? Why did you oppose Sale Sahib? I don't know why you behaved wired when we already discussed his interest in Khushi. Don't you know he likes her?"

Anjali spared a glance with Manorama and Nani.

"What do you think Damadji? We are against Chotte?" Nani asked.

"Then what do I think?"

At the same time, the landline rang. They spared a glance.

"I think it is from Khushi," Manorama said smilingly.

Anjali nodded yes and attended it.

"Hello..."

"I'm sorry Anjaliji

"I'm sorry Anjaliji...."

It was indeed Khushi.

"I disconnected the call said nothing. I'm really sorry. I thought you guys are making fun of me...."

"We can understand Khushiji..." She said, cutting Khushi.

"Please pass the phone to Naniji. I should apologize to her."

"On minute..."

Anjali passed the phone to Nani.

"Khushi bitiya..."

"Naniji, I'm really really sorry... thousands of sorry... please don't think I insulted you. I didn't intend to do that. Actually...."

"You didn't expect it...am I right?" Nani smiled.

"Jee... Naniji..." She said in a feeble tone.

"We know you Khushi bitiya, you are not a girl who insults the elders. We understand."

"Thank you Naniji... Thank you so much."

"But... Khushi bitiya, don't take us wrong. Whatever it is, please don't take any decision in the haste. You are an intelligent girl, it's not necessary to tell you what is right or wrong. I hope you will think about Chotte's proposal."

Khushi was silent. Anjali took the receiver from Nani.

"Khushiji, I know you are dissatisfied with Chotte's previous behavior..."

"I have forgotten about those Anjaliji... but marriage is something. I don't know how to make you understand. I..."

Anjali cut her again.

"That's fine Khushiji... the much I know about Chotte, he won't back off from anything. Likewise, there won't be any chance of backing off from this proposal for him also..."