45 The Chain

Part 45 The Chain

GH

"I'm leaving," Arnav said.

"Thanks for coming. We are glad about your presence." Garima said.

"Soon, we will come with Shagun," Arnav said looking at Khushi.

"We will be waiting," Shashi said.

"Bye," Arnav said again looking at Khushi and went.

The entire guest left GH except, Preeto. She decided to stay at GH with Khushi that day. After changing her dress, Khushi was arranging her room. Preeto was looking at Khushi, sitting on the bed, without breaking her look. Khushi sensed it and asked her by raising her eyebrows.

"I wonder how you forgot to tell me about the proposal." She questioned.

Khushi gulped hard.

"I have not forgotten about it..."

"This is the first time you are hiding something from me Khushi...Why? You should be happy as you are going to marry a man who you like the most."

Khushi came to the bed and sat next to Preeto.

"I'm scared Preeto..."

"Scared? Why?"

Khushi looked at her with a painful expression and Preeto understand that.

"Khushi, please, don't mess this proposal with your past."

"How could I hide it from him?"

"You have to. Please don't break the proposal Khushi. Please don't miss this good man."

"He is a good man that's what makes me guilty. Do you know what he just did to prove his loyalty? He is even ready to test his virginity to get my trust, but me? I'm knowingly hiding the biggest truth of my life. I'm not a deserving person to get him."

"Khushi, listen. He is the one who wants to marry you. If he likes you to this extend, he will definitely understand you."

"But what about me? Won't he think that I hid the truth from him? How could I face him after that?"

"Ok... do one thing..."

"What?"

"Get married to him. After a few days, tell him everything."

"What if he gets upset with me?" She asked nervously.

"Do you think he will get upset with you?"

"How could I say he won't? How can I predict it?"

"It's because you are confused."

"Like hell...."

"Tell me one thing, don't you love him?"

Khushi was dumbfounded.

"Tell me the truth..."

Khushi nodded yes slowly and said,

"Who won't love such a genuine man? I was scared at first but seeing him so stubborn, I really felt happy for the first time. He is one in million."

"If it is true, he will understand you."

"I can't tolerate if he hates me..." Khushi said biting her lip.

"Khushi and scared of hate?" Preeto asked getting amazed.

"I'm not scared of hate but he matters to me. He is thinking that I agreed to marry him because he forced me. I was not interested in him when I joined AR. I kept a distance from him knowing his rude nature. But... when he started showing concern, I felt an extreme difference in his behavior. I thought he liked my work style. I couldn't believe it when he proposed to me."