13 Perception

Part13 

Khushi rushed to the closed door and banged on it. She didn't get any response as Chopra left the place. She tried hard to get the door opened but no use. Finally, she understood that she got trapped. She knew someone closed the door from outside. But she had no idea whether the person knows about her presence or not.

She didn't know what to do as she had no mobile. She was a brave girl but the first time in her life she scared to death as she thought that she is standing in front of death. Her mind stopped working. She thought what Arnav talked on the phone about the building condition, in the last evening. She looked here and there and found an iron table at the corner. The workers should have used it for construction work. She went to it and sat under the table.

AR

Aman went to Khushi's cabin as she comes earlier. He wondered not seeing her in her cubicle.

"Maybe she should have stuck in the traffic" saying it to himself, he went to Arnav's cabin. He searched for Arnav's massage as he didn't send any message through the phone. As he didn't find anything in his cabin, he started working on the project for which he and Khushi bought materials from Kareem.

NK also came a little late finishing Arnav's parent's SHRAD. He handed over the tiffin box to Aman. He brought the dishes which were prepared for SHRAD.

"How was ASR?"

"As usual... he left RM after the pooja got over"

"Don't know how long he will be suffering like this." Aman sighed.

"I hope, very soon he will get solace in his life"

"Hopefully"

"Did Khushi come?"

"No... not yet"

"Whaaaat! But why? I thought she will be working" NK also wondered about her absence.

"Let her be relaxed... today ASR won't come to the office though"

"Yeah... you are right"

They started working on their respective work. But their concentration was on the entrance, expecting their new teammate. As time passed, they disappointed. She might be taken leave today. They supposed.

That's when Aman received a call from Neha.

"Yeah tell me"

"I have to take my mother to the hospital. I kept a leave letter on your table. I wanted to give it to you but the appointment is at 10:30 am. So, I came, keeping it there. Please don't mistake me" she said politely.

"That's ok. Take care"

"Thank you Aman sir"

She disconnected the call, smirking. Her only barrier to reach ASR got cleared. Tomorrow onwards, she can enter ASR's cabin whenever she wants. Even though ASR shouts at her she won't care.

Evening

Arnav was riding the car aimlessly. He usually looks stressed on this day but today, he is unusually overstressed because of the building issue. He was so excited to see his Di happy, gifting the building which is in their father's place. He and Anjali always feel the connection with their parent's assets... be it a house or be it a simple finger-ring. Anjali believed that their parent's still guarding them. And she made Arnav also believe that. Even Arnav felt it many times. But today, he was disappointed with his parents. They let his dream get shattered. He believed that they are with him. How could they disappoint him if they are with him? He stopped the car and leaned on the seat.