Paper Hearts.

Well you guys since it's valentines day and I have no real love life other than my imaginary relationship with Ansel Elgort, I'll be writing all day, expect at least one or two more prompts and maybe I'll even post Band-Aid ;) (P.S. I now I write a lot of song prompts but I feel they best showcase my writing so I'm going to have a lot of those up too so I hope y'all don't get tired of them.) And alsooo thanks to the incredible Tori Kelly for writing this song; a prompt to 'All in my Head' will be next! Have a great valentines day babes have a great oneeee!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paper Hearts.

*

//Goodbye Love,

You flew right by love,//

*

Bethany hugged her coat closer to her, feeling the New York chill hit her. She looked around the city, hoping to find her hotel. She should've known better than to walk around the city alone, knowing her she would of course get lost. But as she walked she couldn't help but be reminded of Derek everywhere. She knew he was around here somewhere, waiting for her. They had promised to see each other the next time they were both in the city, and they were both finally getting to it. But Bethany didn't know what to expect. Ever since Dancing with the Stars had ended, he had flown away from her, ready to take on something bigger.

*

//Remember the way you made me feel

Such young love but

Something in me knew that it was real

Frozen in my head//

*

As she walked through the city the more she remembered Derek and all the memories they had created. She remembered all his corny jokes and the way he always laughed so hard he had trouble telling them to Beth. Remembered the scavenger hunt and how she had him running around like a 5 year old boy. Remembered how Janel was always telling her that he was always following her around like a lost puppy. She knew that those last two weeks of the competition something had changed. 

*

There had been a shift in the air in their rehearsal room, everything felt tense and full of angst, like both were just dying to tell each other how they felt but neither could bare to. They both knew that whatever they were feeling was real, but because of fear they preferred to keep it, whatever it was, frozen. Not wishing it away not disappearing just frozen. 

*

//Pictures I'm living through for now

Trying to remember all the good times

Our life was cutting through so loud

Memories are playing in my dull mind

I hate this part paper hearts

And I'll hold a piece of yours

Don't think I would just forget about it

Hoping that you won't forget about it//

*

She almost couldn't bear waiting a whole three months to see him. Neither could he. During the show they had literally spent every minute together sometimes even sleeping at each other's houses because they couldn't bear to say goodbye. She was living on all the pictures that they took. All the pictures that highlighted their memories together. All their dances. 

*

Again the steady flow of memories replayed in her head making her wish for him more. She knew it would probably lead to nothing, she was nineteen years old and he was twenty nine, he probably wanted somebody experienced with life, somebody who would know what they were doing. But no matter how much she tried she couldn't forget all those feeling that she felt for him, and she just hoped that he wouldn't forget either.