Ours.

Sooooo sorry for the lack of updating lately but school has been kicking my butt but anyways I hope you guys like this I personally love the song and it's just incredible! Thanks so much for 41K reads you guys are absolutley incredible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ours. 

*

//Elevator buttons and morning air,

Strangers silence makes me want to take the stairs,

If you were here we'd laugh about their vacant stares,

But right now,

My time is theirs//

*

Bethany walked into the elevator, her smile quickly diminishing as she ended the FaceTime call with Derek, the smile almost instantly wiping off her face. Where her ears had just minutes ago been filled with her own giggles and his infectious laugh, they were now filled with an enormous silence. Just about the loudest silence she'd ever heard.

*

She wants to laugh again as she sees the people in the elevator just staring off into space, their eyes unblinking. She knew that if he was here with her he would be trying so incredibly hard to stifle his laughs, with no successful. When he noticed just how unmoving the people were he would nudge her rib once and they were dissolve into endless laughs, the good kind, the kind that made you hold your ribs as you laughed, she craved that feeling.

*

But now she was in Los Angeles, and he was in New York, filled to the brim with responsibilities to take care of, meetings to attend, and an album to record. It had been months since they had the chance to laugh with each other in person the way they craved, but she and Derek both knew that this was huge, Bethany deserved a chance to live out her dreams the same way that he was living his.

*

She wanted nothing more than to FaceTime him once again just to see his smile, because they both knew that the closest contact they would have in a while, but right now sadly her time wasn't his, it was all the producers and managers that surrounded her in the elevator, her time was theirs.

*

//Seems like there's always

Someone who disapproves,

They'll judge it like they know about me and you,

And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do,

The jury's out,

And my choice is you.//

*

She walked out of the elevator and walked to the studio, every single manager and producer trailing after her, almost stepping on her heels. She rolled her eyes and decided not to say anything, she knew better than to do that ever again.

*

She picked up the guitar leaning against the wall and started to strum it slowly, a pattern being made. She made up a few melodies in her mind as she strummed, all forgotten as her phone started to ring, his name flashing bright on the screen. She starts to smile as she reaches for it, she smiled at any mention of him. She smiled when somebody talked about dancing, or photography, or simply just mentioned somebody named Derek, he had that effect on her just as much as she had that effect on him.

*

She reached for her phone enthusiastically, but immediately stands up when her manager picks up the phone and denies the call. "What was that for?!" She yells; her scream so loud that she was almost sure that Derek could hear her in New York.