Fireball.

Fireball.

*

Bethany started to laugh. It was week six in Dancing with the Stars and it was Pitbull night. And for his performance he had been asked to choose pros and two competitors to perform in the opening number to 'Fireball', and apparently those two contestants would earn an extra five points for the performance. Apparently he wanted girls that were gorgeous and curvy, and the moment he found Beth had Latin blood in her, he wanted for the performance. Beth laughed hysterically while Derek was explaining it to her. Derek was obviously very annoyed that he had picked her for the dance though he didn't want to show it.

*

The dance Pitbull had planned was sexual to say the least and Derek was annoyed at the fact that he chose one of the two youngest competitors in the show to participate in the dance. Word had it that he wanted Sadie to perform as well, but her religious views wouldn't allow her to, so he picked Alfonso instead. The rest of the female pros and male pros that were participating in the dance, and Alfonso and Beth were meeting at the studio to meet Pitbull and start discussing the dance.

*

As soon as Beth arrived Derek pulled her to his chest, holding her tighter when Pitbull was talking to the two of them. He immediately clenched his teeth together when Pitbull was talking about how Bethany's body was amazing, that the Latin in her was very apparent, that she was sexy. Derek wasn't able to swallow down his words, "Dude she's only 18." Pitbull shrugged immediately firing back that her age didn't make her any less sexy.

*

Derek had to hold in his words for the whole rehearsal. Pitbull was demanding that Beth was put front and center, he was demanding moves that professional dancers couldn't even do well. He wanted lifts, he wanted twerking, he wanted everything. Witney tried to demonstrate one of the lifts to Bethany with Tony, but halfway through the lift Witney fell out of his clasp to the floor, but Pitbull demanded that he wanted Beth to do it. Derek couldn't believe it- they were making Beth do a move that even two of the best pros couldn't do, what was wrong with him?

*

But he dealt with it, but he had come close to exploding a few times. He wasn't even allowed to be the pro that did the lift with Bethany; instead Val would be the one to lift her. Derek was trembling with anger, and Mark noticed, he shot him a cautious look and told him to calm down, but Pitbull noticed. He asked Derek if he had a problem with anything, immediately causing Derek to quip up that he did, he yelled at him everything that he was making an 18 year old do was wrong.

*

Derek thought his problem would be solved, that Bethany would be cut out of the dance, but no instead it was him that would be cut out of the dance. He shook in anger, agreeing that he wouldn't participate in the number but that he still had to be there for the rehearsals to teach Beth and luckily he agreed.

*

The first run through the lift didn't go so well. Val clasped a hand around her hand and her knee and lifted her up spinning her around, so it would cause her body to fly out during the lift, but it went the exact same way Witney's and Tony's lift went, they made it through half of the lift before Val cracked and Bethany met the floor. Derek rushed to her when he saw her in tears and immediately pulled him to her, asking her if she was okay. She insisted that she was fine, and she rehearsed the lift many times until she and Val finally got it right, but not before falling more times than Derek could count on one hand.

*

And then came the twerking, Pitbull was known for it, and he wasn't just going to drop it because Bethany was young, no, he wanted her front and center for that too. To say it was awkward when Derek had to teach her to twerk would be putting it mildly. Both their cheeks had been bright red when Derek talked to her about it, "Um...Beth... well um for the dance... you kinda sorta have you to twerk...so umm..... Do you know how?" Bethany had turned scarlet, but very slowly nodded her head. Derek's face turned bright red before nodding and telling them to start the music.

*

The music began with Bethany and the other female pros sitting on a couch surrounding Pitbull, they started up and Derek didn't realize how he was holding his breath until the twerking part came. Bethany twerked in the front and center and he glared at the pros who let out cat-calls and whistles. Bethany turned around to perform the next part of the dance- her face bright red. Mark walked over to him with a smirk, telling his best friend how lucky he was. Derek glared at him and continued to watch the rest of dance, holding his breath when the lift came. Val rushed over to be and interlocked his hands around his hand and her ankle and spun her around. He jumped up cheering for Beth when they did it successfully. The dance ended and Derek immediately ran over to her spinning her around telling her how amazing she was. Pitbull walked by echoing his thoughts, he walked away a smirk on his face, his eyes falling on her butt.

*

Derek clenched his hand, praying for self-control, he was already scared about what he had planned for costuming. As if reading his mind the wardrobe director walked in the costumes, handing all the male pros and Alfonso black ensembles. The wardrobe director walked to the girls and handed them all gold bodysuits, each more skimpy than the next. He was praying that Bethany's age would be taken into consideration and that she would be given a more modest costume selection, but oh was he wrong. Beth had been given the skimpiest costume of them all. Her breasts moderately showing, her whole back exposed, the costume even gave a little tease of her butt. Derek almost wasn't able to hold in his anger when he saw her walk out in it, Pitbull whistling. Mark walked over to him to calm him down, but Derek was mad beyond extremes, he grabbed Bethany's hand not caring about the costume, and pulled her out of the studio and into his car.

*

He started the car and drove to his apartment. He handed his jacket to Bethany to cover herself up and lead her to his apartment. He opened the door and put her in his couch, coming back with some shorts Julianne had left and a t-shirt of his to put on. Bethany changed and came back into the living room, opening her mouth to talk carefully to Derek. "Derek, are you okay, what happened?" Derek sighed, opening his mouth to talk, "I just can't believe he would make you do that. And wear that in front of millions of people, it's messed up. Doesn't it bother you in the slightest?" Bethany shook her head yes, "Of course it does, I'm terrified of what people will think, but like you said to me last week- that's showbiz." Derek sighed again, but he didn't want to argue with her. Instead her pulled her to his lap and turned on the TV to forget about the problems.

*

4 Days Later:

*

It was Monday night and all the pros and Beth and Alfonso were running around trying to get ready for the opening number. Tom announced them and they were just about to walk out on stage. Derek pulled Bethany back and pressed a quick kiss to her forehead telling her she would be great. She walked out on the stage hearing the music come on. Derek held his breath just about for the entire dance, the crowd cheered loudly when the twerking came, and cheered even louder when Bethany nailed all the incredibly hard lifts. She walked backstage after the dance jumping into his arms. He kissed her temple telling her that she slayed.

*

Bethany was glowing, and she stayed that way for the rest of the night. She had scored a 36, one of the highest scoring couples of the night, and Derek couldn't be prouder, but there was no way to explain they had gotten the dance out of the way.

*

At the end of the night, he gave Bethany a departing hug whispering in her ear that he could beat her at twerking any day. She laughed and whispered back, "You're SO on."