Bets.

Bets.

"Derek calm down, I'll be fine."

That seemed to be all Bethany said to him these days, ever since she had told him she was expecting a baby, Derek had gone a bit paranoid. He was constantly not telling her to do something, it had gotten to the point where he wouldn't even let her near Winnie, "Because he could have a disease, I don't want you or the baby to get sick."

All Bethany could do was roll her eyes. He and Bethany were getting ready to go to a dinner party at Val's house. They were having yet another argument about the pregnancy.

"You are NOT wearing heels Bethany, what if you fall and hurt the baby?!"

Bethany sighed in exasperation, she didn't know why Derek was so nervous, she was only three months along, and barely had a baby bump. In the gold dress she was wearing, it was slightly more noticeable, today they were announcing to the group they were expecting. They should be there by six, that is if Derek ever gets his head out of his ass.

"I'm fine Derek! I know how to walk in high heels."

He looked at her with sad eyes, he was so scared about the baby, sometimes he forgot that this was the girl that hung upside down just holding onto his knee. He was just so scared, because he knew how clumsy Bethany was. He could handle her walking in two inch maybe even three inch heels, but no Bethany just had to choose heels that were five freaking inches. He walked up to her and pressed his forehead to hers. "I just don't want you or the baby to get hurt, you two are my world, I would die if anything happened to you two." He pressed his lips to hers, putting his hands on her small baby bump. He sat on the bed, and lightly kissed her stomach, wrapping his hands around her waist, and pulling her belly closer to him.

Bethany smiled and sighed, she truly knew how Derek felt, she knew there would be no other way to make him feel better than to wear the heels he picked. She sighed in defeat, and told Derek to hand her the heels he wanted. Derek beamed at her pressing a light kiss on the cheek, handing her the three inch heels. The reason Bethany had wanted to wear the taller heels was because of the height difference between her and Derek. He stood tall at basically 6 foot, and her being only 5'3 she had an incredibly hard time reaching even just his shoulder. Derek had even resulted to calling her his Lil'Bit. He always reassured to her that he loved everything about her height.

They walked out of the door hand in hand, silent on the way to the dinner. They arrived there, and Derek rushed to open Bethany's door, she grabbed his arm, and he pulled her to the door, telling her to watch her step on every piece of ice and snow on the ground. She looked at him and instantly felt bad for him seeing his pale face, he was worried sick she would fall, and she instantly felt guilty because of the heels she chose to wear.

They walked into Val's house where she instantly felt a gust of warmth come to her, but she kept her coat on, just to keep her baby bump hidden until the announcement. Sadie and Janel rushed to her, making small talk for about an hour until dinner was ready. Val was passing around champagne, when he got to her, she told him she would prefer water, Val looked at her with a weird look on his face but handed her a glass of water. Derek smiled at her knowingly announcing that he and Bethany had great news.

"Bethany and I, are expecting a baby!" Bethany dropped her coat into Derek's arms, revealing her small baby bump. She looked up to see the reactions of the group.

Mark and Val walked over to Derek congratulating him for getting her pregnant so soon, Bethany rolled her eyes hearing their conversation, when the girls ran over to her squealing with excitement, they yelled their congratulations and told her how good pregnancy looked at her. They ran over to give their congratulations to Derek, and Mark and Val came over to her. Mark hugged her and offered his congratulations to her too, a beaming smile on his face. Val hugged her too, patting her baby bump, winking when saying he couldn't wait to meet his godchild. Matt slapped his arm, "Don't get your hopes up Valentin, that little boy will be MY godchild."

Val not missing a beat, immediately fired back. "Yeah right the little princess is MY godchild."Mark wasn't taking no for an answer, and apparently neither was Val."It's a boy." Mark said.Without taking his eyes off the bump Val answered back, "It's a princess."

"Prince."

"Princess."

"Prince."

"Princess."

"PRINCE."

"PRINCESS."

Derek walked over to them laughing, "You two have to calm down, it's not like we're placing bets."

Looking at each other Mark and Val pulled out their wallets, causing everybody else to do the same. Mark went to kitchen and came back with jars, and a sharpie. He wrote 'Prince' on one and 'Princess' on the other. They both stuck their money in the jar, and told everybody else to do the same. They all rushed forward while Bethany and Derek just stood there, Derek's hands on the bump, not believing their friends.

Most of the group stayed behind to think about it, except for Janel and Sadie. They immediately rushed up Janel putting hers in the prince jar, Sadie in the princess, immediately causing Mark to quip that he disowned her.

Alfonso and Witney rushed up both, putting theirs in the princess jar. Artem was the next putting his in the 'Prince jar'. It continued the two teams sitting on opposite sides of the room with Bethany, Derek, and Len sitting in the middle. He and the other judges had arrived while they were placing the bets, and of course they wanted to participate. Carrie Ann placed twenty dollars in the 'Prince' jar, but Julianne and Bruno both picked a girl. Mark and Val had counted the money (obnoxiously loud) and they discovered that Len would be the tiebreaker. Derek just sat there his hands on her belly, caressing her on his lap, Bethany frankly couldn't wait to break the surprise news they had planned.

Len stood up and dramatically took a hundred dollar bill out of his wallet. He looked at Mark and Val and chuckled at how childish they were. He took a step forward making it a big deal as to what gender he thought the baby was going to be, until, he handed the bill to Val. The girl team jumped up excited that Len was on their side.

They all looked to Bethany and Derek for news. They had assumed Bethany was going to announce the gender at the end of the bets, Derek and Bethany glanced at each other letting Derek's coat fall to the floor. One of the teams jumped up in celebration- Derek was wearing a pink shirt. They celebrated and congratulated them for the girl.

By the end of night Bethany had fallen asleep on the couch, Derek picked her up to drive back to their house, but right before they could leave, Derek swore he heard Mark and Val arguing about who the baby was going to like most. He shook his head laughing at his two best friends, walking out, a huge smile on his face already imagining their baby girl.