Honeymoon Avenue.

Sooooo I had a snowday so I decided to write, I know I've had so many song prompts up lately but I promise I'll have a regular one up, also I have so many prompts and I really want to write them all so I can maintain all of the ones I get in to write them sooner so comment two or three prompts you want written earliest and I'll start working on them right away! And thankss soooooo much for 29K, all the support has truly been mindblowing! alsoooo I changed the lyrics a teensy weensy bit towards the end because it was a little repetitive, so um...yeahhhhh, have a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honeymoon Avenue. 

*

//I looked in my rear view mirror and

It seemed to make a lot more sense

Than what I see ahead of us,

Ahead of us, yeah.

I'm ready to make that turn

Before we both crash and burn

'Cause that could be the death of us//

*

He hadn't meant to fall in love with her, it was as simple and honest to God as a dare. A stupid dare given to him in a drunken haze with his idiot of a best friend. But things happen, and he did. He fell in love with everything that she did and all that she stood for. He fell in love with 'Vienna' because everytime he listened to it all he could hear was Bethany's soft voice singing the words right back to him. He fell in love with her knee high socks though he had never been attracted to them in the past. He fell in love with anything and everything that had even the slightest connection to her.

*

He remembered the good times. They had been that couple that everybody wanted to be. Had the dates that everybody wanted to have. They had endless dinner dates and dances under the stars. Had countless trips to Disneyland and endless corny jokes passed between the two of them. He remembered all the times they jokingly ran around each other playing tag and acting like they were five years old. Those times made so much more sense than what they were living now. But life happens and like all secrets, she eventually found out. He could see her tearful face in his mind everytime he closed his eyes, like a horror movie put on rewind to haunt him again and again and again.

*

Mark had been asking him about the so called 'relationship'. All Mark wanted was a chance to tease him, he knew his best friend, and he knew when Derek was in love and this was it. He also knew Derek didn't mean to fall in love with her but he did, he loved Bethany just as much as he loved dancing; an unspeakable amount. Derek had immediately warded off Mark but trying to deny it all, completely unaware that Bethany was behind the door listening to every word they said. It hurt her to hear that Derek wasn't in love with her (or so he had said) they had only been dating for a month and love didn't come that fast, but the second Derek blew up on Mark the tears started to fall. "It's just a dare Mark!" He had yelled, "A stupid dare, do you really think I would want to date an immature nineteen year old anyway!?" Then everything was silent; Mark knew that he pushed it too far, Derek was shocked that he said it because what he felt couldn't be farther away than what he had just said. And Bethany, all she did was walk into the room and look at Derek with tearful eyes, scrunching up the note that he had felt for her in her dressing room in her hand. She had shaken her head and thrown the note at him and ran out of the room, Derek too shocked to do anything but put his head in his hands and think about what an idiot he was.

*

Derek opened his eyes as he lay in bed, sighing loudly, wanting his Bethany back. He tried to forget about it but he couldn't, she was too in his heart, he was in too deep. He knew he had to make that turn, to change because they, whatever they were, were headed straight for a dead end and he knew very well that if he didn't fix it they would end.