Love.

Okay first of all... thanks so much for 33k you guys are incredible! And now for the real buisness.... Derek is coming back to dwts for season 20 and I don't know how I feel about that. Obviously I'm happy for him and I'm rooting for him and hope he does well even though I was pretty happy at the fact that bethany would be his last partner but oh well...but I'm worried for him. He literally has no breaks. He finished s19 with beth and went straight into broadway and now he has to fly back and forth to new york and la every week, has to teach his partner, do 6-8 shows a week for broadway, go on tour with julianne for the whole summer after s20 and then dive right back in to s21, I just hope this isn' too much for him to handle... but anyways I hope you guys enjoy this prompt and sorry for my rant!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love. 

He wasn't supposed to care as much as he did when he heard about her engagement. Well, he was. But he wasn't supposed to be angry about it, he was supposed to be calling her the second he found out to congratulate her, but he wasn't.

It had been a week since he found out about it, and he hasn't been able to get it off his mind ever since. He thought they had something special- something that couldn't be replaced- and now this.

'She'll remember me.' He told himself. That was what was keeping him sane until the wedding, his belief in Beth that she wouldn't forget about him- she couldn't. And it's not until a few days before the wedding that he forces himself to snap out of it, this was happening. His Beth- pardon- Beth was getting married, to another man, to whom she was in love with. It hurt just thinking about it.

He tried his best to keep what he thought to himself, but he wasn't very good at it- he was supposed to be excited for Beth and happy that she found the person that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with but he couldn't be happy for her unless that person was him.

He constantly checked her Instagram to see if something was happening- in hopes of seeing that the wedding was canceled, but no instead everytime he saw her Instagram it was bombarded with pictures of her and him. Her fiancé.

25 year old Kian Lawley had won over Bethany's heart- or so it seems. How appropriate- two of the world's most famous Youtubers getting married. Beth it seems had forgotten all about him, and he had to force himself to do the same- but he couldn't. He couldn't stop himself from typing her username into the search bar of Instagram just praying to see that the wedding was canceled but instead all that came up were pictures of her 20-karat diamond ring, and the flower arrangements and the wedding gown and just everything.

And everybody was starting to notice just how much it hurt. The one time Julianne had brought up the topic of what she was going to wear to Bethany's wedding he had stormed out of her house with an excuse that he was tired and needed to sleep. The time Mark asked him what he was going to say for his speech at her wedding Derek once again ignored him and pretended he didn't hear.

They were all starting to realize just how much Derek loved her- and it hurt them. To have to see and pretend to be happy to see the love of your life get married to another person and look so happy while doing it must be killing him.

He gives himself the same pep talk for months right up until the moment he's staring at himself in the mirror straightening his tie. It killed him to see that Bethany hadn't backed out. She was probably freaking about the wedding and the flower arrangements even though he knew Bethany had everything 100% flawless because the Bethany he knew would take no less than perfection. He had learned that on the show. She would do a move twenty times if it took her that long to get it right.

He smiled at the mirror and stopped when he realized what he was doing- he was remembering their good times when she had belonged to him. When Kian wasn't in the picture, but now he was.