Band-Aid.

So I had this idea and I started to write it and I couldn't stop, but I felt this is deserved more than one part so this will be a 3 or 4 part story called Band-Aid. I'm uploading the first two parts today but watch out for anymore :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Band-Aid. 

*

Bethany walked around the rehearsal, waiting for Derek to come in. He was forty five minutes late- not that she was counting. She checked Instagram and lifted her head up when she heard the door. She saw Derek come in with an adorable little boy holding his hand. Derek looked flustered, "Hey!" Bethany said. Derek smiled at her and looked down at Jaxson. "Beth..." He started. But Bethany was too distracted by Jax, "Hey" she called out to him. Jax raised his arm and waved to her, a huge smile on his face. Derek smiled watching them together, he couldn't resist no matter how frustrated he was at the moment.

*

"Beth, this is my son Jax. Jax, this is my friend Bethany." Friend. Bethany felt her heart break a little in her chest but she nonetheless immediately jumped over to the little boy and jumped into conversation with him. Derek felt his prior frustration melt away just watching Beth with Jax. He wasn't able to find a babysitter for him and he had to bring him to practice and he hadn't known how Bethany would react. It was only week 2 in the competition, so to drop this bomb on Bethany so soon was a bit cruel, both to him and her. He certainly hadn't expected Bethany to catch on so fast with Jax; he didn't really like to meet new people so seeing him already playing with Bethany was a bit comforting and confusing all at once.

*

"I am so sorry I had to bring Jax to rehearsal. The babysitter canceled on me last minute and I didn't know what to do..." Bethany waved her hand, not even answering; she was too engrossed in conversation with Jax. Derek smiled again; he seemed to be doing so much more of that when he was around her.

*

Derek walked closer to the two of them, trying to capture a bit of their conversation, "You're pretty." Jax giggled at her. "Hey Derek I already see the resemblance, he's a ladies man too." Derek let out a laugh and sat next to them, "Are you calling me a player?" He jokingly asked. Beth smirked and looked away, causing Derek to burst out laughing. He heard Bethany thank Jax causing him to giggle again, "Well you're very handsome-". Derek cut in before she could answer her sentence, "You said he looked like me!" Bethany's cheeks turned a light pink as she tried to avoid Derek's eyes, struggling with what to say, but thankfully Jax came to her rescue. 

*

Jax giggled, "My daddy said you were reallllllyy pretty." Bethany now having regained her confidence turned back to Derek whose face was bright red, "Did he really?" Jax nodded his head enthusiastically. Derek rolled his eyes, "Traitor." Bethany burst out laughing, "Thanks Derek, but I think we should get started." Derek nodded and grabbed Jax's hand, giving Beth a chance to put her heels on.

*

"Now Jax I need you to stay here while I dance with Beth okay?" Jax nodded happily pulling out the bag of Legos out of Derek's bag. Bethany smiled watching Derek with his son while she was putting on her shoes, instantly wincing when she stood up. Her ankle had been bothering her lately, but she wasn't going to let something as small as an ankle ache stop her. She walked over to Derek, feeling a pulsing pain in her ankle when she walked. She put a fake smile on her face, trying not to let the pain show.

*

"So what dance did we get?" Derek immediately answered back, not missing a beat, "Foxtrot." Bethany nodded, not knowing what he was talking about. Derek smiled, loving her personality. It had been a while since he had gotten a partner he had instantly clicked with, but he and Bethany were getting along great. "You're cute." He said before he could stopped himself. Bethany not missing a beat turned around, "I'm aware." Derek smiled again thinking in his head, 'This girl is something.' "Well since you said your favorite song at the moment is 'All about that Bass', I thought maybe we should incorporate, drumrollllll, a bass!" Beth smiled at how excited he was, but felt herself get a little nervous as he explained what he wanted her to do. Stand on a bass with an injured ankle? Yeah right. "Well c'mon lazy butt."