Morning Sickness.

Morning Sickness.

*

Bethany sat in bed, her head going round in circles. Ever since she had gotten pregnant, the morning sickness was killing her. She was constantly throwing up whenever she ate anything or any time of the day really. She was trying to hold it in, if she got up she would wake up Derek, he had his arms wrapped around her stomach. He had been working for the Dancing with the Stars tour up to 12 hours every day. If he could do all that, then she could hold it in.

*

She laid in bed feeling miserable when she felt her stomach turn. She jumped up not being able to hold it in and ran towards the bathroom. She was throwing up everything she had eaten the night before, when she felt somebody grab her hair and start to rub her back. Her mood darkened, it was all her fault, all she tried to do was hold in the morning sickness so Derek could get a few more hours of sleep, but she didn't do it.

*

She felt tears prick at her eyes when she stopped puking. Derek ran over with a glass of water. She sloshed the water around in her mouth before spitting it and taking a big gulp of the water. She had a tear drop, immediately causing Derek to panic. "Baby what's wrong? What hurts?" The worry in his eyes was evident.

*

"Nothing I'm fine." She whispered. "Beth," he started out. "Tell me the truth." Beth looked at him, knowing he wasn't going to take no for an answer, "All I wanted was for you to get more hours of sleep, I know how hard you've been working and you deserve the extra rest, but because of my stupid morning sickness I woke you up."

*

Derek looked at her with sad eyes; he couldn't believe she was upset. Of course he was tired, but he was going to be there whenever she needed him, especially since it was his fault that she was in this position but they both knew it was going to be worth it in the end. He picked her up, and took her back to the bed, placing his hands on the small bump that protruded from Beth's stomach. He was constantly touching her bump.

*

"Babe, I've told you, whenever you need something just tell me, I AM the reason you're like this anyway." He ended with a wink. Bethany laughed, "You idiot, we both wanted this. But seriously how can something the size of a bean, make me feel so miserable. Derek chuckled and brought her closer to him, "It'll be worth it I promise, but since we are talking about the baby, what do you want to eat?" Bethany lightly slapped his arm, "I'm not that fat you dork." Derek laughed again, "Of course not, but you're always hungry." Bethany narrowed her eyes at him, "Oooo you know what I want? I want eggs, and bacon, and toast and-" She stopped when she looked at Derek who was trying to hold his laughter in, "Stop laughing I'm eating for two!"

*

Derek kissed her cheek and her bump, before running down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for his wife, while she got ready. He cooked the food, and watched Bethany walk down the stairs. He couldn't help but smile at her beauty. She looked stunning in her bright orange mini dress; he walked over to her to peck her lips, not being able to resist kissing her. They ate their food, Derek laughing at how fast Beth was eating, which promptly earned a glare from her.

*

They walked out of the door together, Derek not taking his eyes off the bump, Bethany rolled her eyes, muttering "This is going to be a long nine months."