Little Things.

So this may be just the longest prompt I've ever written, and I actually kinda like it but anyyywayysss sorry for updating so late but I couldn't let this idea go. To whoever requested this I hope you like it and thanks so much for the support once again, you guys are the best!!!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little Things. 

//Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me 

But bear this mind it was meant to be 

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks

And it all makes sense to me//

Derek slowly rubbed with thumb on Bethany's back, tracing soft shapes, smiling when she squirmed a little as it tickled her. He could feel the warmth of her body pressing onto him through the thin sheets. He could feel the war of thoughts that was happening in her head. He knew her so well he could just feel everything that she was feeling. 

He had never made love before, but now he knew what it was and even hours afterward he felt like he as floating on cloud 9, and while he could usually read Beth, today she was unreadable. She had a smile on her face but her eyes looked distant, as if she wasn't really there, like autopilot.

Derek pressed a light kiss to her shoulder, happy to see that it broke her out of her mind. She turned to him again and Derek felt his heart surge. Now that all the makeup was long gone from her face Derek could clearly see her face, and just how beautiful she really was. Bethany had refused to let him see her without any makeup but now her face lay bare of makeup. They lay chest to chest on the bed as he had his arms wrapped around her waist and his face lights up with a smile. 

"You have freckles?!" He laughed as he moved his hand up and started to connect the freckles on her cheeks like a connect the dot game. Bethany frowns a little and swats his hand, "I hate them." Derek ignores her and starts to trace them again, a huge smile on his face as he wondered how anybody could hate them, she was absolutely perfect. But then again she was always perfect to him.

He laughed again as she once again swatted his hand away and instead interlaced her fingers with his. It was weird, his hand was so much bigger than hers but when interlaced together, her tiny hand would fit perfectly in the crevice of his. It just furthered the thoughts in his mind that they were made for each other; they were meant to be.

//I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile

You've never loved your stomach or your thighs 

The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine 

But I'll love them endlessly//

The lack of makeup was so incredibly obvious on her face, and he loved every bit of it. He loved Bethany with makeup, but this was a whole other level of beauty. As she smiled he could see the crinkles that came up by her eyes when she smiled and though Beth had previously complained about them to him, he loved them so much. It let him know that she was happy and that was all he could ever want for his Beth.

He runs his hands down her body as the night flashed through his mind. He remembered how magical the night had been for them, since the very beginning as it started at yet another boring interview. It had been the very first time they had seen in each other in weeks, it may have only been weeks but to them it felt like forever, especially now that they were officially a couple.

They had gone through the interview feeling on edge as all they really wanted was to just grab the other and kiss them but they couldn't, the media hadn't found out yet and they wanted to keep it that way- at least for now.