Style.

And here as promised is a 1989 prompt, I sort of just looked at the music video and decided to fit in Derek and Bethany the way I wished the music video was shot, I love the video though don't get me wrong! And as for all of you who wanted a 1989 prompt (or any other song for that matter) comment it below and I'll get started on it! I might make more song prompts based on Taylor's songs though since they are have stories but anyyywayyy I hope you guys like this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Style.

*

//Midnight, you come and pick me up

No headlights

Long drive, could end in burning flames or paradise

Fade into view, it's been a while since I have even heard from you

I should just tell you to leave cause I

Know exactly where it leads but I

Watch us go round and round each time//

*

It had been five months. Five months since they last saw each other. Five months since the last time he saw her bright and smiling face. Five months since he got the chance to poke her dimple. Five months since their last 'I love you.' Something just made him want to see her again, something just had just suddenly reminded her of him, and he couldn't seem to get her out of his mind. He had had moments like this ever since the last time they saw each other, but usually he had it under control and he was able to move on with his life, but not this time. 

*

Every part of Bethany was engrained in his mind, everything reminded him of her. The snow in New York; Derek knew how excited she would be just frock licking around in it. The stars and city lights reminded him of her, the way that they shined so bright the exact same way that she did, maybe she even shined a little bit brighter. Derek stood up and grabbed his car keys, knowing what he was going to do was necessary. The drive to Bethany was long, but he was willing to take the risk, he didn't turn on the headlights, wanting to live the risk the same way he knew he was taking it. 

*

He knew that the ride to Bethany wasn't even a sure fire one, there was no guarantee that Beth would take him back the same way she has accepted him all those months ago. The drive to Beth could end in flames, with them never being able to see each other again because of how awkward it would be, but maybe, just maybe they could live in their paradise and live the 'Happily Ever After' that Derek imagined every single time he thought of his future- with Beth.

*

Bethany saw something move outside and she stood up to her window, pulling back the curtain only to see a black car just there, no headlights, no opening doors, no nothing, just Derek sitting in the car, looking down at his lap. Bethany sighed; she knew where this was going. It had been five months since their night in New York, since their first and last kiss they had ever shared. She knew she shouldn't get involved with him, he was twenty nine years old and she was nineteen, there was a one in a million chance that their relationship would work the way that they both wanted it to work. She knew where this would end, they were just going in circles round and round everytime they tried it, but she couldn't bear to tell him to go; she was too in it- whatever it was anyway.

*

//You got that James Dean day dream look in your eye

And I got that red lip classic thing that you like