Jingle Ball.

Jingle Ball. 

*

Derek looked around frantically backstage at Jingle Ball. Beth had told him that she would be attending, and it would be their first time seeing each other since the show ended. His mood darkened when she was nowhere to be seen. He had been looking forward to seeing her, he had missed her so much even though they had only been apart a week, he didn't know how he was going to be able to be apart from her for such a long time, he had gotten used to the idea of seeing her everyday.

*

He sat down in his seat next to Julianne and watched all the artists all the while thinking that Bethany would've loved to be there. When Taylor Swift stepped up to play 'Shake it Off' he couldn't get Bethany off of his mind. Their dance started to play in his memory, and he was completely zoned out when Taylor Swift finished her set, barely listening when Jessie J was announced.

*

He was snapped out of his daydream when he heard Bethany's name called. "Welcome the incredible Jessie J, Nicki Minaj, and special guest Bethany Mota!" He was paying clear attention to the stage now, waiting to catch a glimpse of Bethany. Julianne had told him that Ariana Grande wasn't going to be there because of illness but he had never imagined that Bethany would take her place, especially with a song like Bang Bang.

*

He watched Jessie J start the song grinding with just about all the dancers on the stage, he was praying to God that Bethany didn't resort to that when she was on stage. Her amazing voice was enough to captivate the audience; she didn't need to strip or twerk to do that.

*

Ariana's part came and Derek didn't realize that he was crossing his fingers that it was her. He didn't notice but Julianne sure did. She smiled at him, knowing how in love her brother was, even if he didn't. They watched the stage light up and Bethany pop up wearing a shiny crop top and skirt, basically what Ariana would wear on the stage.

*

Derek smiled at the sight of her, hearing the deafening roar of the crowd. She hit the high notes perfectly, possibly even better than Ariana herself. He was so proud of her; there was nothing that could wipe the huge smile on his face. That is until she started to do exactly what Jessie had been doing. He didn't want her to become the typical pop star because Bethany was so much more than that. But nonetheless he smiled through her performance. Julianne and he cheered for her loudly, yelling her name.

*

He watched the lights on the stage go out and watched Jessie J start her next song. Julianne's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, "Go backstage. I know how much you miss her." Derek smiled at her and rushed towards the direction of backstage, leaving Julianne with a smile on her face, wondering when her brother would realize that he was in love.

*

Derek rushed around backstage snapping his head back and forth looking for Bethany. His eyes lit up when he saw her watching the rest of Jessie's performance, he walked over to her putting his hands on her tiny waist, pulling her back to him. She let out a small scream and immediately turned around to see who had grabbed her. She yelled out his name her eyes wide, immediately pulling him to her for a hug. Derek pulled her up and spun her around, putting a chaste kiss on her cheek.

*

He set her down and just started at her, her little hands in his large ones. He couldn't believe they were together again. Bethany started to talk about how much he missed him, but Derek was unable to talk. He was in awe of her amazing persona. He had just realized how much he missed his girl, her bright personality, her energy, but he started to realize that it would soon be time to say goodbye again.

*

Pure adrenaline was what caused him to do what he did next, he pulled her waist to him again and leaned down to push his lips to hers, for even when she was wearing five inch heels she barely reached his shoulder. They smiled into the kiss, but Derek broke it apart almost immediately starting to apologize. Bethany smiled and shook her head at him, "I can't tell you how long I've wanted you to do that." She said to him.

*

Derek's eyes widened at her words but quickly snapped out of it when Beth pulled him back down to her lips. He pulled her as close to him as he could, feeling every inch of her body pressed up against his. They snapped apart again when they heard two loud voices yell "FINALLY!" They turned to see Julianne and Witney smirking at them.

*

Bethany blushed while all Derek did was ask "What?" Julianne spoke up before Witney could, "You know what I'm talking about. You two are perfect for each other! I mean seriously, everybody on the show could see it. Even Len said it once!" Bethany blushed more at the fact that they had acted so lovey dovey in front of everybody without even realizing it.

*

"Did you two seriously not know? I mean it's not like you were making it very hard. You two glowed whenever you talked about the other person, you always had some form of touching whether it was your hands or a hug, and seriously did y'all not pay attention to how you two look at each other?! Seriously Derek, she looks at you like you just cured cancer, and Bethany, he looks at you like you're the most precious thing in the world! You two are blind...and deaf...and maybe even just plain stupid." At the end of her rant she turned to Julianne and gave her a quick high-five before walking away, both of them yelling out that they shipped Motough.

*

Bethany and Derek rolled their eyes and hugged again. Derek started to talk about how amazing her performance was before saying, "But babe you do know that you don't need to twerk or do anything you don't want to do, your voice is enough to captivate the audience." Bethany blushed before telling him that she was fine, that she knew what she was doing, "But thanks for watching out for me blondie." She added. Derek smiled at her before quickly remembering about the small get-together at his house they having soon. Just him, Julianne, Val, Mark, Witney, and Justene, one of Julianne's best friends, and now maybe even Beth. He asked her and her eyes lit up, immediately exclaiming that she would love to.

*

They walked out of the door hand in hand, Derek offering her his jacket when he saw her shiver. Bethany, not wanting to be rude and take his jacket when it was freezing outside, immediately declined his offer. Derek laughed at her and took off his jacket anyway, wrapping it around her, "But next time Beth.... Please wear more than a crop top and skirt in December." He joked. Bethany rolled her eyes at him before putting a light peck to his lips. He smiled at her following her into the car, sitting her on his lap in the car. His phone buzzed alerting a text; he pulled it out of his pocket and read the text from Julianne that read: Did you realize it yet? He looked at Bethany whose eyes were fluttering shut. He felt something flutter in his chest and he pulled her closer to him, telling her to go to sleep. He pressed a kiss to her temple before looking back at the text and quickly texting back, a soft smile on his face, 'Yeah I did.'