Cheater.

Cheater.     

*

She couldn't believe it; she wiped the tears from her eyes. Derek had promised that they were nothing but good friends. Of course she had seen all the rumors on Instagram about him and Justene but Derek had always assured her that they weren't in a relationship, that he only had eyes for her.

*

And she believed him. Their relationship was new- it wasn't the fact that he was tired of her already. She thought he just realized how much better Justene was. She was beautiful there was no doubt in that, she was an actress which was one of Derek's passions, and she was experienced. She could give Derek what Bethany wouldn't, and last night he succumbed to the want.

*

They had all been hanging out at his house with some of the DWTS pros, Julianne, and Justene which Derek claimed was a good friend of Julianne. Beth had noticed something different in Derek that night. He had barely paid attention to her, only giving her a quick peck on the lips when she arrived, but with Justene it was different. He looked at her the same way he had looked at Beth during the beginning of their relationship, and she decided to put him to the test. All of the pros and Beth decided to go pick something up to eat, but the moment they came back and the door was open she saw something that shattered her heart. Derek and Justene on the couch making out, both of them shirtless. Beth took a step back not believing it. Mark grabbed her shoulder to support her, but he too couldn't believe Derek would do that.

*

They must've sensed somebody watching them because they both immediately separated not believing that they had been caught. Derek looked to Justene to Bethany. He stood up running to Bethany, "Bethany I am so sorry, baby please forgive me!" Bethany closed her eyes to hold back her tears, and raised a hand to quiet him, "I am not your baby, we're done, we're not anything, don't call me, don't text me, bye Derek." She walked away not bothering to get her scarf out of his apartment. Witney walked up to him, "How dare you do that to Beth?" She asked, she looked like she about to walk away before she came back and gave him a quick slap. Val and Mark looked at him shaking their heads before they followed after Bethany and Witney. Julianne just stood there, a crushed look on her face. She walked up to her room in Derek's apartment not bothering to say anything to either of them. She couldn't believe her brother would do that to Bethany. She had been certain that Derek had finally found the one. Guess not.

*

Derek sat on the couch with his head on his hands, asking himself what the hell he had just done. He had just given up the love of his life, for a small moment of pleasure. He sighed deeply telling Justene to put on her shirt. "Why should I? She's gone; she's out of the way. What about us?!" She cried out. Derek raised his voice, "Justene just put on your shirt and leave! There is no us!" She was surprised that he raised his voice. She picked up her shirt and put it on before walking over to the door and leaving without another word.

*

Derek stayed there for the rest of the night, not moving when Julianne walked down to the kitchen. She saw him there and walked over to him whispering, "Why would you do that to Beth?" Derek lifted his face to reveal his bloodshot eyes, "Would you believe me if I said it was an accident?" Julianne shook her head no and waited for a real response. "She offered and I guess, since nobody was there, it'd be fine. That that one moment would keep me satisfied until Bethany was ready for sex." Julianne's jaw dropped, shocked that her brother would ever do something like that. She made a quick decision in her head, she knew Bethany was right on this fight, and right now Beth needed all the support she could get, "I'm leaving tomorrow, I'm moving in with Beth while my house is being worked on." Derek didn't hesitate; instead he nodded his head, knowing that his sister was right to help Bethany.