Chapter 3

(Simon's POV)

"Cheryl do you want to watch a film?"
"Yeah,why not.What film?"
"I dunno,what do you want to watch?"
"Toy Story!"
"Why Toy Story?"
"Because I know you like it and I like it,so then it's sorted,know arguments."
"Right." I go over,get the film and put it on.I walk off into the kitchen,go into one of the top cupboards and pull out a bag of butterkist popcorn,some curly wurlys and some hob nobs.I walk back into the room and smile when I see Cheryl sat really childishly,hugging her legs.
"Cheryl,catch!" She completely dodges it and it lands on the floor, "Oooo popcorn." She stands up,walks over to where it landed,picks it up and goes and sits back down on the sofa.
"Are you coming to sit down or you just going to stand there?"
I walk over to the sofa and sit down.
"Have a curly wurly." I throw one at Cheryl,
"Why do you keep throwing stuff at us,you know I can't catch!"
"Maybe one day you'll get better."
"Si,I doubt it! Now,you can go get me curly wurly considering you threw it at us."
I just roll my eyes at her,stand up and go and get the curly wurly.When I give it back to her,her eyes light up, "Your such a kid Cheryl."
"I know.And you love it."
I just laugh, "Of course Cheryl."

------
It's six o'clock and me and Cheryl have been sat watching films all afternoon.She's led down on my lap watching 'The Secret Garden,' I look at her and think how complicated everything is right now.I do understand where Mezhgan is coming from,but I am only inviting Cheryl around because she doesn't know that many people,although she is getting to know some more people.I know after the whole US X Factor job we fell out and I was so scared we'd never be friends again,then when she forgave me,I knew I wanted to make everything up to her.I know I have a fiance,but I need to tell Cheryl some sort of truth.
I feel her shuffling around and I look down,she's looking up at me and I can tell she wants to say something so I pause the film.
"What's the matter Cheryl?"
"Can I tell you the truth?" I just nod my head. "I'm scared."
I put my arm tighter around her, "Scared of what?"
"Of us!" I look at her confused, "Why are you scared of us?"
She looks me in the eye, "I'm scared because of how close we are.I'm scared of me feelings most of all and what I could do.You have a fiance for god's sake and I know what it's like being in her position.I've heard your arguments about us in the mornings and I know it would be hard for her,we need to go back to how we were.I'm going to go now,Lily is waiting for us outside.I'll see you soon." With that she grabs her things and she walks off out the door,leaving me thinking.