Chapter 10

(Simon's POV)

The phone goes silent,
"Cheryl? are you there?"
"Y-yes."
I can't believe shes called me at last.I know it's only been a day,but it's so nice to hear her voice.
"Cheryl,please don't sound so nervous,we're just talking."
"How am I meant to sound then?"
"Just how you usually do,how we usually speak."
"How are you acting so,calm,after what I said?"
"Trust me Cheryl,I'm not calm,but we obviously need to talk don't we?"
"Yes."
"Cheryl,why did you leave the country? I went to the hotel and you had left."
"I'm sorry.I needed space to think things through and I knew you would come to the hotel eventually,so I had to go somewhere else."
"Is it that bad admitting what you said without running out?"
"Simon,it's hard okay.Your practically married and I said that to you!"
"But ---"
"Si,your like me best friend.Your happy,we need to forget it like the last time."
"We slept together last time."
"I know,I'm not saying at all I regret it,but everything changed from then.I know when we slept together it is completely different to what I've said,but we both were drunk then,it feels so much more real now.I wouldn't take back what happened,but we both said we would forget it and just carry on like we did,but did any of us really forget,our relationship wouldn't of changed so much if we did forget."
"How were we meant to forget it Cheryl?"
"I dunno."
It just goes completely quiet.
"Si,I don't want anything to change between us."
"I don't either Cheryl."
"Would we be able to forget this time?"
"I would be lying if I said yes."
"I know.Why do I always mess things up Si?"
"Sweetheart,you don't mess things up,you just told me the truth."
"I told you the truth,but it's completely complicated everything between us."
I sigh and everything stays quiet for a while. "Did you really mean what you said?"
"Si,I wouldn't joke about that!"
"I know,I was just making sure."
"Please just carry on your life with Mezhgan and forget I said anything! Promise me that."
"I can't promise you that at all!"
"Why?"
"I finished with Mezhgan."
The line goes dead.I need to go back to the UK tomorrow and talk to her face to face.