Chapter 58

(Cheryl's POV)

"Simon! Go and answer the bloody door!"
All I get is a grumble in return.
"For gods sakes!"
I throw the covers back,grab me dressing gown and storm off out the room and down the stairs to the door.I look through the camera and recognise the car straight away,so I open the gates to let them in.I shove me feet into me slippers which are at the bottom of the stairs,then tie me dressing gown up over me pajamas.I open me door when I hear heels coming up the path.
"Hey Chezza!"
"Nad's? How come your here?"
I see papers and magazines in her hands,
"I just wanted a little chat.I'm here for the rest of the girls as well!"
"Umm,right.How did you know I was here?"
She holds up the magazines,
"Theses magazines tell quite alot at the moment."
"Okay.What exactly have I done?"
"Us girls wanted to know when exactly you were going to tell us about having a boyfriend?"
"Oh."
"Who is he then Chezza?"
I pull her through the door and just look at her,
"How do you know I have a boyfriend?"
"Well something you said over here to a bunch of paps about being incredibly happy with your boyfriend has just come out in like every magazine! The UK press are going mad over it,that's why the girls have been trying to phone you this morning!"
"I've only just got up,that's why I haven't answered."
"So how come you haven't told us about your new partner then?"
"Cause it was meant to be kept quiet for awhile! Anyway,go into the living room,we can talk in there instead of here."
We walk into the living room and we both sit down opposite each other.
"You do realise management are going mad right?"
She gives us a smile and I put me head in me hands.
"I don't know.I don't have a clue about what's been said!"
She just passes us the papers,
"This is just some of papers,this is just the American papers who hardly know you! The papers back in the UK are just shocking.Management have been on their toes,but they haven't said anything cause they don't know what's going on,they don't know about anything,so you need to contact them!"
"Why did I open me big mouth? None of this would of come out then!"
"So who exactly are you ---"
We both turn to look in the hallway when we hear footsteps coming down the stairs.
"Babes,who was at the ---"
He stops in the doorway and looks at Nadine,
"Oh hi Nadine."
She just waves at him and gives us a smile.
"So a couple of the papers did guess right then?"
"Guess what right?"
I see Nadine go through some of the papers,then she picks up one.
"This one!"
I read it and it says 'Dating the eX boss!'
I stand up and walk over to Simon and give him the paper,
"Babes,I'm gonna have to tell me girls.I can't keep it from them anymore,but I don't have to tell me management yet."
He looks at us confused,
"Me management are getting loads of calls,this story is massive in the UK! I can just say to them to say no comment to it all."
"Tell your girls,we'll sort the rest out later."
"You sure?"
"Yes,a hundred percent sure!"
He puts his hand through me hair and gives us a kiss,
"I love you."
"I love you to babe."
I lean into him and whisper, "Go upstairs and put something decent on considering Nad's is here!"
"I'll be down in abit."
He kisses me nose before running back up the stairs.I turn back around and face Nadine,
"Aww,how cute! Why did you never say you were with him?"
"Cause we've only been together a week and a day."
"Really? You've always been very close though!"
"Being close and being in a relationship is two different things!"
"I know that Chez! What went on at that party then?"
"What do you mean?"
"Why was it so awkward between you two? We've never been told!"
"Oh,I know what you mean.Right,to make this easier,can we do a call with the rest of the girls so I can say it a couple of times instead of like ten!"
"Alright then."
"I'll be back in a sec,I just need to run up and grab me phone."
She nods her head and I run up the stairs and see Simon in our room getting changed.I go and climb on the bed and climb across to the draws where me phone is.I grab me phone and climb off the bed and Simon pulls us into him.He gives us a kiss and just looks us in the eye.
"Are you okay?" He says while tucking a strand of hair behind me ear.
"I just don't get why the paps couldn't leave us alone,then I wouldn't of opened me big mouth! I'm not prepared for all this yet!"
"Hey,hey,hey.Don't be so hard on yourself! It's fine,we can sort this all out."
"I don't mind telling the girls and that,but I don't want the whole world knowing our business,I learnt that from me last relationship.I don't mind the world knowing we're together eventually,but I'm just not ready for our lives to be publicised twenty-four seven yet!"
"Cheryl,listen to me,I'll sort it,don't stress out!"
He pulls us into him and gives us a cuddle.
"Cheryl,I love you and I'll do whatever I can to get the paps to back off abit.Mind you,I won't be doing that whole walking ten steps infront of you!"
I just look at him and laugh,
"Don't worry,you don't have to do that! I love you to,very much indeed!"
I give him a smile,then lean in and kiss him before making me way back downstairs.I walk over to Nadine and sit next to her,putting me phone into a group conversation.
"One,two,three!"
I press the button to call the other girls.One by one they answer,
"Hi girls,I have Nad's here with us.Sorry I didn't answer you this morning,I was still asleep,but I know you girls all deserve to hear the truth."
I let out a breath and Nadine takes me hand and gives it a squeeze.
"Girls,I'm with Simon."
I speak fast,just to get it all out.
"What,Simon Cowell?"
"Yes,Simon Cowell!"
"I knew it! Good on you Chezza!" Sarah says.
"Took your time to get with him babe! You made the right choice though!"
I wait to hear what Nicola thinks,but nothing is said.
"Nic? Please say something?"
I grip onto Nadine's hand,Nicola is me baby sister which I never had and I really wanted her to be alright with it all.After about a minute of intense silence,she slightly laughs,
"We've known for a while that you and him suited,it was you who didn't notice a thing! I'm happy for you,but you could of realised sooner! We've not said anything to you cause we didn't know what you would think or say!"
I breathe out a sigh of relief when she says she's okay with it.
"Wait.How long have you known? Why didn't you say anything to us?"
"A couple of years we had a thought and we spoke about it,but you would of been like, 'don't be stupid! I don't like him like that!' so we didn't tell you!"
I just laugh at Kimberley's impression of us,
"I also wanted to say what went on at the party,why it was all so weird and everything."
"Weren't you together then?"
"Nah,we got together on the Wednesday."
"So,go on,what happened?"
"Right,do you know I came over to LA a couple of weeks ago to do some music?"
"Yeah."
"Well,I finished everything I could do,then I just spent quite a bit of time with Simon.One of the days we were sat watching films,mind you he was still with Mezhgan,so I was all strange over our friendship.But I said to him I was scared over our relationship and how close we were and that I wanted to go back to how we were before umm ---"
Nadine just looks at us,
"Before what?"
"Umm,okay,you should probably know this.Before any of you say anything,him and Mezhgan were on a break!"
"Alright,go on."
"Umm,I slept with him!"
"You what!"
I hear all the girls gasp,
"When?"
"Last November.But we had both been drinking,I went back to his house after one of the Saturday shows! Anyway,after I said that to him,I just left.Lily was waiting outside for us and I just went back to the hotel."
"Cheryl,why did you just leave him like that?"
"It was a good idea at the time.I didn't know what to say to him.Anyway,I got back to the hotel and Lily was worried about us,so I explained everything to her,and that night,I ended up flying back to the UK.Lily tried talking us out of it,but I needed to go to clear me head and I knew he would come to where I was staying!"
"Cheryl! I can't believe you just went to the other side of the world and left him like that!"
"I know,I know! I think that now Sarah! But he phoned Lily,but I didn't want to talk yet,I just wanted to think,then I just sent him a message saying I would call him in a couple of days and that I wanted things to go back to how they were and I wanted him to sort things out with Mezhgan and stop arguing over us!"
"Huh?"
"Simon and Mezhgan argued for months over mine and his relationship,which made us feel bad.But yeah,that's what I sent to him.Then I did phone him a couple of days later,but that's when he told us he split with Mezhgan,which I told him I didn't want to happen,and then I put the phone down on him and didn't speak to him again until he got over to the UK a couple of days later,Which I found out Lily had been hiding from us! That was the day before the party and I told him I just wanted to be friends and I just wanted things to go back to before."
"But you were lying right?"
"Yes,and he knew that! I knew he would know,but I didn't exactly know what I wanted right then.I didn't know until I spoke to Kimberley at the party."
"Wait,how did Kimberley know?"
"She didn't,well not until that night.I was arguing out the back with Simon,and Lily came out and Kimberley was with her.That's when she found out I slept with Simon,that's when she found out I had some sort of feelings for him! She's the one which knocked some sense into us and told us to tell him the truth.That's why it was so weird at the party before I went outside,then when we all came back in it was slightly better."
"Aww,you should of told us all what was going on! But,we did see you that night getting very cosy in the corner.We were like guys,get a room! We could tell you had been drinking alot,you never would of sat cuddling and kissing him in a corner if you were sober,you would've been scared of getting caught by someone!"
I feel me cheeks starting to go red and I curl up slightly.Nadine looks at us and laughs,
"Don't get all embarrassed babes!"
"Guys stop,your just embarrassing us even more! So now you know the full story,will you now tell us when you lot decided to have that discussion without us?"
"Nad's,considering your there,you can tell her the story!"
"Thanks for that guys! Just put all the pressure on me!"