Chapter 70

I've been awake for about half an hour,just watching Cheryl sleep.Noticing every detail on her face,and the pout which she always does when she's sleeping.I look at her,remembering back to 2010,the morning after we slept together the first time when I was on a break from Mezhgan.

I open my eyes suddenly when I move in bed and hit someone.I quickly close my eyes when I see the sunlight coming through the gap in the curtains,making me realise how much I had to drink last night.I open one eye,and my heart starts beating faster when I see Cheryl led next to me.I close my eyes,thinking it was a dream,then I just open my eyes again,my headache just going straight away,more from thinking what was going to happen now.Images from last night come flooding back,and I just sigh,hoping we can get through this.I just look at her,seeing how peaceful she looks and how perfect she is.I smile at the slight pout on her face and the slight rosiness to her cheeks.I slowly slide out of bed,grabbing my dressing gown to put on,seeing both of our clothes scattered across the floor.I quickly pick up my clothes,shoving them in the wash basket by the door.I then go around picking up Cheryl's clothes,putting them on the bed.I look up quickly when I hear her talk quietly,
"Thank you."
I just look at her and nod my head.
"Can we get some paracetamol before we talk please? If your head is hurting as much as mine is,I can't exactly think straight right now." She whispers,giving me a slight smile.
"Okay.I'll go get a hot drink and paracetamol while you get umm ---"
"Dressed?"
"Umm,yes,dressed!"
She just gives me a nervous smile,pulling the duvet up around herself abit more.
"Right,I'm going to go downstairs,let you get dressed."
"Then we can talk yeah?"
"Of course we can." I give her a reassuring smile.
She gives me a smile and I nod to the door,walking over to it.I walk out,closing the door behind me,and I hear her stumbling around.I walk down the hallway and down the stairs,walking into the kitchen and over to the kettle,putting it on to make a hot drink.I go into one of my cupboards and take out a box of paracetamols,putting them down on the side.I get a couple of cups,making two cups of tea,taking a couple of paracetamols before walking into the living room.I put the drinks and paracetamols down on the table,then tie my dressing gown up abit and go and sit down on the sofa.After a couple of minutes,I hear gentle footsteps coming down the stairs,so I turn around and she gives me a small smile which I return.I just look at her,she looks really cute,her hair quite messy,no make-up and she's obviously just quickly shoved on her clothes.She walks over and sits down on the sofa,and I pass her a hot drink and a couple of paracetamols which she quickly takes.She takes a couple of sips of her drink,then puts it back on the table,slowly turning to face me.
"Si,I know what happened last night,but please can we not let this change us? Your like me best friend,and I don't want that to change."
She looks me in the eyes,holding my eye contact.
"I don't want this to change us Cheryl.I know that us sleeping together is a completely different change in our relationship,but I don't want it to be weird between us at all."
"Can we just carry on,just put it to the back of our minds that last night happened."
She looks at me abit worried, "Not that I regret it or anything! It's just ---"
"Cheryl,it's fine,I get what you mean.It's for the best right?"
I give her a smile and she gives me a dimpled smile back,nodding her head.
"Can I have a cuddle?" She asks quietly.
"You don't usually ask." I say,raising an eyebrow.
"It's just --- never mind."
She moves closer to me,placing her head on my shoulder,cuddling up into me,letting me wrap an arm around her.After a couple of minutes,she looks up at me,and we're just lost in each others eyes.None of us saying anything,but we can understand what we're both thinking perfectly.
"Si." She whispers.
I slowly place my lips on hers,and after a couple of seconds she responds.It wasn't just a drunken kiss,we were both completely sober and I knew it meant something to both of us.I knew that she felt something too,but it was just complicated timing.We slowly pull away from each other,and she has her eyes closed,so I move closer to her and whisper,
"I don't regret last night at all."
I watch her slowly flutter her eyes open,and I place one last kiss on her lips.We pull away from each other when we hear Cheryl's phone ringing on the table.She lets it ring off before moving to grab her phone.
"It's Lily,I have five missed calls from her,she's probably wondering where I am!"
She slightly jumps when her phone starts ringing in her hands,but she quickly answers it.
"Hiya Lily. --- Yes I'm at Simon's,sorry I didn't let you know,last night wasn't really planned."
I look at her,knowing that was a double meaning.
"Can you do us a favour please? Can you come and pick us up,but bring us some clothes and me make-up and everything please? --- Thanks babes,I'll see you in abit,bye."
She just cuddles back into me,none of us saying a word for a few minutes.
"Since when did us become so complicated?" She says quietly,pointing between us both.
I think it was more of a question to herself more than to me,so I just stroke her side,making sure she knows I'm there to talk.
"Are we just keeping it between us?"
"It would be easier that way,no one needs to know."
She nods her head,
"We can't let anything happen again.Your on a break from a relationship from ---"
"I know,but I am single at this point in time,so we did nothing wrong okay?"
"I know,I get that,but nothing else can happen okay?"
"Okay."
We just stay sat in silence,I think everything which happened is just setting into our minds.

I come out of my thoughts when I feel the bed moving abit.I look down at Cheryl looking back at me,giving me a dimpled smile.
"Morning babes!"
"Morning gorgeous!"
I lean forward giving her a quick kiss.
"What were you thinking about? Anything exciting?"
"The truth,I was thinking about the morning after our first time."
"Oh I see! More complicated times!"
"Yes,definitely complicated times!"
She wraps her arms around my neck,pulling me down towards her,
"And you know what?"
"What's that?"
"I never got to tell you,I thought you were very good in bed!" She giggles.
"And have I improved?" I ask questioningly.
"Yes!" She laughs, "Have I?"
"Most definitely!" I whisper in her ear.
She pulls me down,giggling into the kiss.

------ (Cheryl's POV)
It was three in the afternoon,we had just been lying down in bed watching films all morning.It had been really relaxing,it was Liz's day off,so we could do what we wanted.I lay me head on his chest,cuddling up closer to him,and he wraps his arms around us.
"Babes?"
"Yes darling?"
"When do you want us to start moving in?"
He looks at us and smiles,
"Whenever you would like to.We could always go and get some things today if you wanted to?"
"Can we start tomorrow? I just want a day for us to do whatever we want."
"Tomorrow it is then! What are we going to do today then?"
I give him a cheeky smile,climbing ontop of him and straddling him,
"Well I have a few ideas babes!"

------
It was seven o'clock at night,and Simon was down stairs cooking us some food while I was phoning Lily and me mam.We had been in bed all day,so I hadn't had a chance to phone them about us moving in with Simon.I wasn't getting rid of the house,after all it was mine.Me mam practically lives there and so does Lily,so I just thought they could use the house,and I can still go around there to see them.I was dialling Lily's number,hoping she would pick up her phone.Just as I was about to hang up,she picks up the phone.
"Chezza!"
"Take your time to pick up your bloody phone don't you!"
She just laughs down the phone,
"I was downstairs,my phone was up stairs! Anyway,what do you want?"
"Ooh charming!" I laugh, "Actually,I wanted to tell you some news!"
"Oh my god,are you pregnant?!"
"What?! No! No I'm not! Why did you think that?"
"Never mind."
"Lily?!"
"Fine! It's just that you said in that interview that you both want kids,and I don't know,when someone says they want to tell you some news,it's usually pregnancy or something!"
I just laugh, "Well it's not that yet!"
"Yet?"
"Moving swiftly on ---"
"Cheryl?!"
"What?" I slightly moan.
"What did you mean by not yet?"
I just sigh,I know I can trust her and she basically knows everything.
"Are you by yourself?"
"Yes.Will you explain?"
"This goes no further than us okay?"
"Okay." I can hear the excitement in her voice.
"We want to start trying for a baby in a couple of months."
I hear her squeal down the phone, "Aww that is so cute!"
"I think you've just deafened us in one ear!"
"I'm sorry,but that's so exciting!"
"Exciting? If you say so!" I laugh.
"What was it you phoned me up for?"
"Oh yeah,I wanted to speak to you and me mam about something?"
"Oh,well your mum's not here right now,she's off walking the dogs.But you can tell me!"
"Don't say anything to me mam yet,I will phone her later to tell her."
"I won't! Now hurry up,your leaving me in suspense!"
"Well,Simon asked us last night if I wanted to move in with him! He wants us both to be comfortable and in a proper home before we start trying for a baby."
"Aww,I'm so happy for you! You both make such a cute couple!"
"I'm very happy we're a couple as well! Even though our relationship has had its complicated times,we got through it and now we're together!"
"Right,I need to go,I need to update your diary! I'll update you when I next see you!"
"Okay! Speak to you later Lil's!"

------
I had just got off the phone from me mam,and I wonder over and sit down on Simon's lap,placing a kiss on his lips.
"Well me mam's very happy for us!"
"Well I'm glad to hear that!"
He pulls us closer to him,placing another kiss on me lips.
"I love you." He says,looking into me eyes.
"I love you too babes,so much."