Chapter 73

(Cheryl's POV)

I had been at the hospital for a few hours,and I was seen to straight away considering it could be the malaria that has come back.I had some blood tests done,and I was just waiting for the doctor to come back with me results.Simon hadn't left me side the whole time I was in hospital,and to be honest,I think he was just as scared as us that the malaria has come back.I hadn't phoned anyone to say I was in hospital,cause I didn't want everyone worrying about us until I had some results.
"Babes,are you okay?"
He looks at us,and I can see the worry in his eyes.
"I'll be fine when the results come back fine!"
"How can you be so sure?"
"I just know."
I just sigh,hoping that the results will come back fine.

------
"Ms Cole,how are you feeling?"
"Ill,but better than earlier."
"Right,well I have your results here."
I feel sick all of a sudden,so I turn to Simon and grab his hand.I close me eyes,waiting for the doctor to say the news.
"I can tell you,the malaria hasn't come back."
I squeeze Simon's hand,me eyes filling with tears.
"Really?"
"Yes."
I open me eyes,a smile on me face.
"Do you have any idea of what it could be then?"
"It could just be the flu,or it could be an infection which can be cleared with medicine,but there is another option that it could be."
"And that is?"
He looks at both me and Simon,
"Is there a possibility that you could be pregnant?"
I turn to Simon,and look at him wide eyed,
"Umm,possibly." I whisper,still in slight shock.
"It's only a possibility,but we'd like to do a test just to see what the results are."
"Can you get ill like this during pregnancy?"
"Yes you can.During pregnancy,women do end up ill.It can be anything from a cold to the flu,so it's a possibility."
"Wow!" I'm speechless,I actually don't know what to say.
He smiles at us,
"I'm going to get a female doctor to come down and have a chat with you both,and we'll get you to do a test so you can get the results as soon as possible."
I just stare blankly at him,so Simon speaks,
"Thank you very much.We appreciate everything you're doing."

------
"Cheryl,breathe,it will be fine whatever the result."
"I know,I'm just nervous."
"Of what darling?"
"What people are gonna say,what people are gonna think.If I am pregnant,I just want it to be between us for abit,just our little secret."
"We can do that."
He takes me hand,placing a kiss on the back of me hand.
"I love you so much you know!"
"And I love you too!"
I lean over to Simon,going to give him a kiss,but the door to me room opens.The doctor gives us a smile,
"Sorry to interrupt you both.I have your results here." She says,waving a folder in her hands.
I look at Simon,feeling butterflies in me belly from where I'm so nervous.
"Right ---" She says,flicking through the folder.She stops at a page before looking up at us and smiling, "The results show,that you are pregnant.Congratulations!"
A smile spreads across me face.
"Really?"
The doctor laughs, "Yes you are."
I turn to Simon with a massive grin on me face.
"Come here you!"
He stands up,giving us a kiss,before sitting on the edge of the bed.
"Would you both like to know how far gone you are?"
"You know?"
"The test showed if you were pregnant and also showed how far into the pregnancy you were."
"Wow,that's amazing!" I honestly didn't realise the test could do that.
"Well,it says here that you are ---" She pauses for a second, "Around eleven weeks!"
"Woah,wait,what?!"
"You're around eleven weeks pregnant."
"Are you sure?"
"Ninety-five percent sure."
I just stare at her,not being able to say anything.She smiles at us,
"Shocked?" She asks.
I just nod me head,knowing that she won't get a proper sentence out of us yet.
"I'm going to leave you both to talk.If you need anything,ring the buzzer."
"Okay,thanks." I just manage to get out.
As soon as the door closes,I lean in to Simon,cuddling up close to him.We just sit in silence for a while,not saying a word,just thinking.As soon as everything just about sinks in,I place a kiss on Simon's neck,and whisper,
"Can we keep this between us,just for a couple of weeks please?"
"Didn't you want to tell your mum?"
"Not yet.I just want a couple of weeks where we can let it sink in,and it just being something which is kept between us."
"We can do that." He says quietly,placing a kiss on me lips.
"Thank you." I pause for a few seconds,
"Well we now don't have to try for a baby!" I say,making us both laugh.
"That is very true!"
"You know,I don't get it.How the hell did I end up pregnant?"
He looks at us straight faced,
"Seriously?"
"No,no,not that! It's just we've been safe and that,that's why pregnancy was on the bottom of me list."
He looks at us,and tilts me head up.
"Tell me one thing."
"What's that?"
"Are you happy about this?"
I frown at him,
"What sort of question is that?"
"Are you though?"
"Of course I am.Why do you think I'm not happy?"
"It's not that I don't think you're happy,it's just you didn't want to start trying for a couple of months,and now we've found out you are near enough three months pregnant already."
I just smile at him,
"Honestly babe,I am very very happy.I'm shocked,but it doesn't mean I'm not happy."
"Really?"
"Yes,really! Seriously,I'm excited!"
"I'm glad to hear that darling!"
I place me forehead against his,giving him a peck on the lips,
"I love you babe."

------
"Si,please let us come downstairs.I don't want to stay in bed."
"The doctors said you have to stay in bed for the next couple of days."
"The sofa is the same as a bed babe."
"Cheryl,no it's not! You know that!"
"It is! Everything you can do in a bed,you can do on a sofa!"
I laugh at the expression on his face,
"Cheryl!"
"What?" I say innocently.
"Is that all that goes through your mind?"
"Of course not babe.Anyway,please can I come downstairs?"
He just looks at us,
"Pretty please? I'll be good!" I say with a dimpled smile on me face.
I hear him sigh,
"Fine,but you are only moving if you really have to,and you have to wrap up warm!"
"I'll take a duvet down,and lie down on the sofa.But,can I have a cuddle?"
"You can if you stop speaking like you're two years old!" He laughs.
"Deal!"

------
I was led across Simon's lap,cuddled up under a duvet.I feel Simon's hand stroking me stomach,and I smile,knowing that it doesn't feel weird,knowing that I have a baby inside of us.I carefully place me hand on top of Simon's,linking our fingers together.I slowly turn over,placing me hands on his chest.
"In about six months time,we're gonna be parents!" I whisper excitedly.
"I'm looking forward to it.It's going to be completely different to how I thought my life would turn out!"
"And how did you think your life would turn out?"
"Well the main reason being,I never thought I'd be with you! And two being because I never thought I'd have kids!"
"Well I'm glad you're happy to have kids,cause that would be kind of hard now,all things considering!" I laughed.
"That is true! Anyway,how are you feeling?"
"I don't feel a hundred percent,but I feel alot better than earlier!"
"That is good to hear!" He says,placing a kiss on me lips.
We stay in silence for a few minutes,
"Si?"
"Yes sweetheart?"
"Umm,I was just thinking,do you know before we got together,when I was in LA.The night we went out for a meal,I came to your place beforehand."
"Yes,what about it?"
"I never got to ask,did I kind of disturb something between you and Mezhgan?"
"Why do you think that?"
"Cause she was shouting,and she stormed straight past us and didn't look too happy!"
"She was never really happy around that time,and we argued alot."
"That didn't exactly answer me question babe." I say with a slight smile.
I hear him sigh, "Fine.Yes we were in the middle of an argument,but it was like the tenth argument in that day!"
I just frown at him,
"What was it over?"
"It doesn't matter sweetheart."
I just look him in the eye,
"Was it over us?"