Chapter 6

(Simon's POV)

I wake up in bed and I know I need to talk to Cheryl today.I get up,get showered and go and sit down.I try phoning her but her phone is turned off,so I grab my car keys so I can go and see her myself.
I get to the hotel and go up to reception.I know they've seen me here before,so I'm hoping they will let me up.
"Mr Cowell,it's nice to see you again.Can I help you?"
"Hello.I need to see Ms Cole please."
"I'm sorry,but she left last night."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes,I was here.I seen her leave and she said she'll be back in a few months."
"Oh right.Thanks for your help."
I slowly walk out.I never thought she would avoid me,I thought she would want to talk about it all.I sit down in the car and just close my eyes and breathe.I grab my phone and highlight Lily.It does a couple of rings before she picked up,
"Simon."
"Lily,is Cheryl with you?"
"She's not in the same room,but she's in the house."
"Can I speak to her?"
"Simon,she doesn't want to speak."
"Why did she leave?"
"She told me what she said to you and she just wants to sort her feelings out.She wants to be friends,but she wants you to get on with your life with Mezhgan and she doesn't want to complicate it and cause the arguments."
"But ---"
"Simon,I did try and get her to stay to talk,but she wouldn't,she just wanted to go home."
"I really need to talk to her Lily."
"Just give it time Simon,just give her time to sort everything out.Sort things out with Mezhgan and Cheryl will be happy."
"But ---"
"No buts Simon! Talk to her in a few days.Bye Simon."
With that,she put down the phone.I know Cheryl is ignoring me,but I need to speak to her.I want to go back to the UK to talk to her,but I need to go to a meeting tomorrow.I hear my phone vibrating,I open the folder and see the messege is from Cheryl.
"Simon,please don't try contacting us,me phone will be off for the next couple of days.I promise I will phone you in a couple of days,but I need to sort meself out.I'm sorry about what I said,I really don't want to complicate things between us or you and Mezhgan,I just want to try and go back to how we were.I am completely scared of me own feelings right now and I don't want to do something I'll regret.I promise you that I don't want our friendship to be over,but I don't want to make our lives messy,I don't want things to be weird between us.I'm truly sorry about everything,I love you to pieces,Cheryl xxx"