Chapter 22

(Simon's POV)

Cheryl lets me through the door and we go into the living room.I have to say,she looks absolutely stunning today. "Would you like a drink?"
"Can I have a water please."
"Yeah sure."
She disappears for a couple of minutes,then comes back in with a couple of glasses of cold water. "Thanks darling."
She looks into my eyes for a second and gives me a smile.She then turns around to sit down and pats the seat next to her for me to sit down.She looks a bit nervous,but shes kind of calm.Well better than the last time I came round. "Are you okay today?"
"I'm okay,a bit nervous,a bit hungover."
I give her a smile, "Please don't be really nervous."
"I'll be fine Si."
"Do you remember last night at all?"
"Depends which part.I really am sorry I had a go at you last night."
"It's fine.Really.Don't worry about it."
She puts down her water and takes my hand, "And what about last night,I kissed you when we were sat down."
"You remember then?"
"Of course I do.I had quite a bit to drink,but I usually remember things the next day."
"Right,can I say something first?"
"Yes,of course."
"Okay,it wasn't your fault about me and Mezhgan.She heard me speaking to Jackie saying that I didn't love her anymore,but I did care about her,so she finished with me.Jackie now knows what happened between us last year,I told her before I came over here."
Cheryl is just looking at me,a blank expression on her face, "Are you ---"
"Carry on."
"Okay.Well I want to tell you the truth,after we slept together,we both obviously noticed the change in our relationship.But after a while,I really did start having feelings for you and I realised I really really liked you.I didn't want us to be different round each other,so I kept it to myself.It was like the night of the NTA's I realised I felt something more for you,I couldn't take my eyes off you and you just made me smile.But after a while I felt more for you than anyone else I've ever been with.That is the truth."
She stared at me and I was quite worried what she was going to do or say.After a couple of minutes,she just looked me in the eye and gave me the most massive smile ever.
"I'm so glad you feel the same.I've really liked you for a few months but I've never had the guts to say just incase we lost our friendship over it."
"I never want to lose our friendship,that's one thing I don't want to happen."
"Me either." I lean in slightly towards her and she leans in the rest of the way and kisses me.I take hold of her hands and she looks at me, "What happens now?"
"Well I'd really like to be in a relationship with you,take things slowly."
"I'd really like that to." We give each other a kiss,then she cuddles into me.