Chapter 53

"Simon! Let's go and see your acts! We can't just stay in this rehearsal room!"
"We can!"
I hit him in the side. "Simon! You have to look after your acts,not just leave them!"
"I know,I know! I'm joking!"
I push him towards the door, "Lets go then!"
He rolls his eyes at us, "Oi,don't be rude to us!"
He laughs, "I'm not! Relax!"
I just frown at him and walk out the door.I walk down the corridor and I notice that he's not following us.I carry on walking and bump into someone.I look up and I'm about to apologise until I see that it's Nicole.
"Great."
"Excuse me Nicole?"
"What are you even doing here? Incase you haven't noticed,I was given your job!"
"Simon invited us Nicole! So shut it!"
"Why does he even want you here? You can't do anything."
"Is it any of your business Nicole?"
"Considering I'm a judge and we don't get on,yes it is!"
"Well from my point of view,it's none of your bloody business! It's between me and Simon!"
"I actually don't understand why you were even considered a judge in the first place!"
"I don't care what you think at all!"
"But whose the judge now Cheryl?"
I feel meself getting angry at her,but I calm abit when I feel arms wrap around me waist and I hear Simon whisper in me ear.
"Calm down babes,I'll sort it."
I turn me head to face him, "Thanks babes."
He looks at Nicole, "Nicole,watch your mouth! Your just being out of order with what your saying!"
"Oh,so why all of a sudden your sticking up for her?"
"I'm sticking up for her because I'm not having you talk to her like that!"
"Whatever Simon! You wouldn't stick up for anyone else if it involved Cheryl anyway!"
"Nicole just go,seriously! I know you have the job at the moment,but you can loose it as fast as you got it!"
She just looks between me and Simon and storms past us both.Simon turns us to face him,
"I thought you were joking when you said you didn't get on with her!"
"Not at all! We've never ever got on."
"How come?"
"She said something about Nicola,so in an interview I said something about her,then we never got on.You know what I'm like with me girls,if someone says something to hurt them,then I'll make sure I return it! We're like sisters,we all stick up for each other,but I'm not called the gobby geordie one for no reason!"
He just bursts out laughing at what I said.
"What? It's true ain't it?"
"Yes,very true Cheryl! Now,are you ready to meet my acts?"
"Yes,of course!"
He takes me hand and we walk abit further down the corridor until we stop outside another rehearsal room.I look in and see the 5 of Simon's acts having a vocal warm-up class.I let go of his hand as he lightly knocks on the door.He walks in and I slowly walk in behind him.He turns to us and points to each of the acts,
"This is Rachel,Drew,Tiah,Melanie and Simone.And this is Cheryl Cole."
I give them all a smile,
"It's nice to meet you all."
I look at Rachel and give her a smile,she's looking at us how I looked at Beyonce when I first met her.Simon looks at us and smiles,then looks back at Rachel,
"Rachel,you can speak to Cheryl you know."
"I don't bite,trust us!"
The girls laugh,
"Actually she does!"
I look at him and raise me eyebrows,
"He's joking! He's trying to be funny,aren't you Si?"
"Of course I am Cheryl!" He turns back towards the girls, "Right,we're going to sit in on your warm up session and then we're going to sit down and go through your songs one at a time before you practice on stage later."

------
The girls had just finished a half hour vocal warm-up class and we were all sat in the room talking about their song choices.
"Right,I'll be back in a couple of minutes.I need to go and get the CD with all your songs on from the judges room."
He stands up and walks on out the room.The girls all look at us and Drew turns to us,
"Can I as you a question?"
"Yes,sure.What is it?"
"Well,your absolutely massive in the UK and I was just wondering how you did it? And also,you don't seem like some stars where they think they're better than you,how come?"
"Well I'm kind of here to help you all today and I really don't think I'm better than any of you! I know some stars are like it,but it can go against you.One piece of advice which you all should take,which I always told me acts on the X Factor UK,stay yourself and stay grounded.Don't let the fame change you because the people who were always there for you will go away and your stuck with people who aren't really your friends.Also,don't act differently on camera because people want to see the real you,obviously as you get known more in the industry,you will change slightly,but you always need to take a break and take a step back and look at others around you,that's what makes us stay so grounded,knowing that I'm lucky and looking what other people around us don't have.That is also part of the reason why I'm so successful in the UK,people like us more cause I'm real,I'm not rude to anyone unless they're like it to us first and I always admit to me own mistakes and when I'm in the wrong."
"But doesn't your music help?"
"Yes partly,but only a little bit.You have to keep up to date with all the music and everything,that's what I've done to stay around for nearly ten years and also build me profile."
"Are you going to come to the studios again?"
"I don't really know at the moment.I was asked last night if I wanted to come today,so maybe.But one more lot of advice for you,if you don't feel comfortable outfit wise or song choice wise,tell someone.If you don't feel comfortable,your not going to give the best performance and I know that from experience.I kind of know how you all are feeling,I went through a competition exactly the same as this at the age of nineteen.The only difference is I won a place in a girl band,which I'm still in now!"
"So you do solo work as well as being in a girl band?"
"Yes! Were on a break at the moment,but were getting back together next year,but I'll be doing me solo work as well."
"That's really cool! How come all the others are judges though and your not? You seem to have all the experience."
"LA is a manager,he knows his stuff! Paula was a massive artist years back and is an amazing choreographer,so she knows a good performance! And Simon,well he knows what talent is,he knows what will sell well,he's a manager and producer,he was known a couple of years before I got into the girl band,but he didn't like us that much back then! He liked the rest of the band but always said I was the mouthy one!"
They all just laugh. "How could he not like you? You seem really close now though!"
"He didn't know us properly back then,but obviously we've got to know each other now and yes we are really close now."
We all turn around when we hear the door open.I smile when I see it's Simon,
"Cheryl babes,can I have a quick word please?"
"Yeah,course."
I stand up and walk out into the corridor with him.
"What's up?"
He gives us a smirk, "I've just been told off by the head boss of the show!"
"Why?"
"The lovely Nicole put in a complaint about me bringing you to the studios!"
"What? Why?"
"Because I stuck up for you."
"Shall I go? It may be easier that way."
"No! I explained to him what happened and I said you two don't get on,but your sat talking with my acts and your not going anywhere!"
"Thanks babes."
He leans in and kisses us and I whisper to him, "You really need to stop doing that in the middle of the corridors.We could get caught!"
"I know,I'm sorry,I just can't help myself! Now,shall we go back in?"
"Yes!"
We walk back into the room and all the girls turn and smile at us both.I turn to look at Simon and raise me eyebrows at him.
"Right girls,shall we get on with going through your songs!"

------
(Melanie's POV)

We had just finished rehearsing our songs and Simon and Cheryl asked if all us girls would like to go out to lunch with them.There were some restaurants about ten minutes walk away,so we were going to go to one of them.
"Right,we'll meet you outside the judges room in an hour ready to go."
We all say bye and as soon as they leave the room and the door shuts Simone says,
"We need to drop hints,it will make them squirm!"
Earlier on,we heard them talking about Nicole in the corridor,Tiah went over near the door and then seen them kissing,which we all seen in the end.We weren't going to say anything to anyone because it was obvious people didn't know about them and they were just using the friend storyline to keep people from thinking any different.So we all decided that we wanted to drop subtle hints at them so they might think we know,but not hundred percent sure that we know.It was literally going to be a game between us,nobody else would know,even if one of us went this weekend,we would keep it all to ourselves.

------
(Cheryl's)

I had walked though the judges room and Paula pulled us straight back out the door again to go to her dressing room.She goes and sits down and just looks at us.
"What?"
"Come on Cheryl,some truth please."
"About?"
"You know exactly what I'm on about!"
"What do you want to know?"
"What's going on between you and Simon?"
"Umm."
"And the truth Cheryl! Is he your boyfriend?"
I slowly nod me head.
"Oh my god,I knew it!"
"Paula! And it would be much appreciated if you kept it to yourself! Literally five people know about us,that's it!"
She quietens down, "Don't worry,I won't say a word,How long have you been together?"
"Just under a week."
She gives us a massive smile, "Aww,that is so sweet! You know what,I thought you were a couple at the auditions until you stopped talking for like three months!"
"What! Why did you think that?"
"You had chemistry Cheryl! He looked out for you and he really cared about you! And who was the only judge to go around his place after the auditions?"
"Umm,me?"
"Exactly,you! He was never bothered about anyone else,but you on the otherhand,it was completely different!"
"I didn't exactly know that many people out here,that's why,that's the only reason."
"I don't know,I think he might of liked you back then Cheryl.You had the same sort of role as what I did but in the UK,but when I was on American Idol,he didn't really care about anyone else,but at the auditions,he was always leaning forwards or backwards to see you!"
"It was to keep an eye on us though!"
"If you say so Cheryl."

------
(Melanie's POV)

We were walking down the road to all the restaurants and we were all just talking.We were still getting to know Cheryl properly,but we all think she's lovely and she's up for a laugh.We were saying earlier how we don't understand why she isn't a judge,she gives great advice and she helps out and gives you more confidence.Rachel and Drew were walking just infront of Simon and Cheryl,while the rest of us girls were walking behind them.
"Simon,what time do we actually get to rehearse on stage?"
"At six.We're the last group to have rehearsals!"
We see Simon put his arm around Cheryl's waist and we all smile at each other.After a couple of minutes walking,Cheryl's phone goes off,
"I need to answer this,it's me mam."
She walks forward so she's walking infront of everyone else before answering her call.
"Hiya mam,you alright?"
We all carry on walking and Simon doesn't take his eyes off Cheryl until Rachel calls his names.
"Yes Rachel?"
"I think Cheryl's absolutely stunning! Don't you think so?"
She just looks at him with an innocent look on her face.
"Umm,yes,yes of course!" He looks all nervous all of a sudden.Then Simone chips in,
"You should do,she's smoking hot! And that's coming from a girl!"
All of us girls just laugh at her.I don't think Simon knows what to do or say,that's why he looks so relieved when Cheryl gets off the phone.

------
We were sat in the restaurant waiting for our food.Simon said he was going to pay for it all,it was a treat to say well done on getting through to the live shows.We were all just chatting about anything and everything.
"I'll be back in a couple of minutes girls." We watch Simon walk away into the rest rooms.
"Don't you think Simon would be an amazing kisser?" I see Cheryl nearly choke on her drink.
"Girl's,he's your mentor you know and old enough to be your dad."
"We know that,it was a joke!" We all just laugh, "But what do you think then Cheryl? Do you think he'd be any good?" We see her go slightly red,but she doesn't say a word.