Chapter 79

I had left Cheryl upstairs in the guest room for the past couple of hours,knowing that she needed to think everything through.I hope she realises that Simon wasn't trying to hurt her,it was Nicole which was trying to do that,and at the moment,she was winning.I know Simon lied to her,but I think he was trying to protect her more than anything.I walk along the hallway,standing outside the guest room.I do a gentle tap before slowly opening the door.I see Cheryl's phone in the middle of her bed,but she isn't in there.I frown,backing out the room,going to see if she's gone to the bathroom.As I get abit further down the hallway,I hear the bathroom door open.I see Cheryl swaying as she starts coming towards me.
"Cheryl! You're pregnant! Why the F*** have you been drinking?!"
She gets closer to me,and I put an arm around her waist,keeping her upright.She puts a hand on her heart,then moves it to her head,closing her eyes.
"I'm sorry!" She whispers.
"What? What for?!"
"He wouldn't take us back! I couldn't do it all on me own!"
"You phoned him?"
"I phoned him to apologise! I made a mistake and messed everything up!"
I now realise that her body's getting heavier,but I can't smell any alcohol on her breath.
"Cheryl! Have you been drinking?"
"No!"
I start to worry at this point,knowing that she's obviously took something else.
"What have you taken?"
"It doesn't matter!" She says,sounding kind of sleepy.
"Cheryl! What the f*** have you taken? Just bloody tell me!"  I shout,tears in my eyes.
She puts a hand to the front pocket of her hoody.I see her eyes closing more,and she leans further into me.I quickly put my hand in her hoody pocket,pulling out a box.I look at the label on the front of the box,realising it's a paracetamol box.
"Sh**! How many Cheryl?!"
I don't get a reply at first,so I slightly shake her,repeating the question.
"Alot." Is my reply.
I quickly pick her up,carrying her along to the guest room.I lay her on the double bed,laying her on her side.I grab her phone,phoning for an ambulance.I was told an ambulance would be here in a couple of minutes.I see Cheryl's phone flashing,and there's a text from Simon on there.I wouldn't usually read her messages,but under these circumstances I will.
'Please answer your phone Cheryl,I really want to talk.I'm sorry about what I said,I was angry.I was angry that you didn't trust me earlier,but you should know I would never hurt you.I don't want us to be over,and I'm sorry I said I didn't want you in my life anymore.I really don't know what I would do without you.We've both made mistakes tonight,and we've both apologised.We really need to talk and sort everything out,because everything was perfect in our lives until we got on that flight this morning.We have a baby on the way and I want us to be a family okay? Once again I'm sorry,and I love you from the bottom of my heart. xxxx'
I feel tears pouring down my face,realising why Cheryl did what she did.I don't understand why she's tried taking the easy way out.I know Simon has been a massive part of her life these past few years,but she has her family,her friends,a baby on the way.I don't understand why she's overdosed,I never ever thought it would come to this.She's said before that she didn't know what she would do if her and Simon fell out,cause his friendship meant so much to her.But because they're in a relationship,it's hit her ten times harder.I want to phone Simon to tell him what's happened,but I don't know what I'm meant to say.I know he should know,so I take a deep breath and scroll to his name,pressing the green call button.
"Cheryl ---"
"It's Nadine Simon."

------ (Simon's POV)
I run into the hospital,running over to the reception area.I was just about to talk to the receptionist,when I hear my name being called.
"Simon!"
I turn around and see Nadine stood by one of the corridors.I walk fast over to her,seeing her eyes red from crying.
"What happened Nadine?"
"I left her for a couple of hours upstairs.Then I went to check on her and she was stumbling out of the bathroom.I thought she had been drinking Simon!" She says,starting to cry again.
"Have the doctors said anything?"
"No.They just rushed her into hospital and into a room,telling me to wait outside.She was completely out of consciousness! I didn't know what to do!"
"Does her family know?"
"I phoned her house phone and her mam wasn't in,so I spoke to Lily and everyone's coming over on the next flight."
"Where abouts is she?"
"This way."
We walk down a few corridors,getting to a private section of the hospital.Nadine puts in a code to open the door,we walk in,and it leads us to a short corridor,with a few chairs,and just one room at the end.I look around,and everything is white,apart from a few grey chairs,and a black blind which is covering the window to the room Cheryl is in.I walk over to the door of the room Cheryl's in,and I feel a few tears start to fall down my face when I realise I can't do nothing.I was the one which told her on the phone that I didn't want her in my life anymore.I was the one which heard her cry uncontrollably down the phone after I said that to her.I was the one which didn't get that text to her in time.And now I'm the one which feels helpless because I can't do anything.All I can do is sit and wait.