Chapter 16

(Cheryl's POV)

"Simon.What are we going to do? Are we going to be able to get through this?"
"I hope so.I really do."
He leans on the table and sighs.
"I'm sorry I've made us all weird again."
"Cheryl,you haven't made us weird,I just want to know the truth."
I can't tell him the truth yet,I need things to just go back to how they were.He's just split from his fiance,I don't want to completely loose our friendship if I tell him what I really feel.
"Si,it's too hard.I don't want to mess up our friendship anymore."
He just stares at me,I look away from him, "Is that what you really want? Friendship?"
"Yes.I just want things like before,that's it." I feel a tear fall down me cheek.I hear him stand up and look up to see him walking towards us.He kneels infront of us and looks into me eyes,he puts his hand up to me face and wipes my tears away.
"Cheryl,I know your not saying the truth.Please just say?"
"I am." I close me eyes tightly, "I just want us to be friends like we were before."
I feel him kiss me cheek and I feel more tears fall from me eyes.I don't open me eyes until I hear me back door close and I see him walk away.At that point,tears just pour down me face.I just run upstairs to me room and cry into me pillow.
A couple of minutes later Lily coming up the stairs.There was a knock at me door,
"Come in Lily."
"Oh my god,are you okay?"
She runs over to me bed and gives us a cuddle.
"No,not really.I feel like crap."
"What did you say?"
"I just want us to go back to how we were."
"What did he say? Actually where is he?"
"He went.He didn't really say much."
"Cheryl,what do you really feel?"
"I ---"
Her phone goes off.She takes it out her back pocket and looks at her phone,then looks at us.
"I can't believe he didn't tell you!"
"What?"
"He really didn't say anything did he?"
"No.Now what do you know that I don't?"
"Like I said before,I can't say,he needs to tell you."
"Lily! Your meant to be me friend!"
"I am your friend,that's why I'm telling you to talk to him properly.You need to tell him what you feel Cheryl,I can tell you like him and you don't have to say anything to me!"
"Lily it's so complicated."
"How?"
"I like him a lot okay! But he's just split with his fiance and I dunno,it doesn't feel right you know?"
"Cheryl,okay,you really need to talk to him! There's more you need to know!"