Chapter 72

(Cheryl's POV) (3 Days Later) (Flashbacks in italic)

I had woken up in the middle of the night,sweating,so I just cuddled meself up closer into Simon,making us feel really warm and cosy.I start thinking,letting me mind wonder back to the night of the party.The night before me and Simon became a couple.

I walk back into the party,me arm linked with Kimberley's.I feel like I've sobered up abit while talking to Kimberley,and I feel I should go and apologise to Simon for shouting at him.I look over to the table and see that Simon is sat by himself,then I see everybody else is up dancing.
"Are you coming to dance?" Kimberley asks.
"Umm not yet.I want to go and apologise to Simon."
She gives us a smile and nods her head before letting go of us and I watch her walk over to the dance floor.I take a deep breath before walking over to the table where Simon is sat.I sit down and shuffle along so I'm next to Simon,
"Si?"
He turns to look at us,and I can't quite read him.It may be because of how much I've drank,or it may just be because he's in an unreadable mood.
"I'm sorry." I say quietly,looking into his eyes.
I see a small smile slowly grace his lips,
"It's fine Cheryl.Honestly."
"It's not Simon! Don't say it is cause I was out of order! I shouldn't have shouted at you,I should've tried to be calm.I'm just not meself right now."
He frowns slightly,and I look down at me hands.
"Why?" He whispers.
I sigh, "I'm just confused,scared.I feel abit lost being completely honest."
He takes one of me hands,
"How come?"
I look down at me lap,not being able to look up at him,
"Cause of feelings!" I whisper.
He tilts me head up with his hand,moving me hair out of me face.
"And do you still think running away from those feelings were the best idea?"
"In a way,yes I do."
"Cheryl?"
"Fine! No I don't! But it was a good idea at the time!"
"Why are you so scared about your feelings Cheryl?"
"Cause when I left America,actually when I told you,you were still in a relationship!"
"And what if I felt the same as you? What would that mean then?"
"I would think you're completely crazy! I wouldn't want to have to put up with us!"
"Well if you want my honest opinion,I think you should stop putting yourself down! Yes your abit crazy,very feisty and quite gobby,but I wouldn't change you at all.You're absolutely perfect!"
I feel me cheeks starting to burn,and I give him an embarrassed smile.
"How come you're so embarrassed?"
"I find getting compliments really weird.Especially like that when it's quite personal."
He just smiles at us,
"What?"
"You're just too cute!"
I give him a dimpled smile,moving closer to him,
"Do you not mind us being this close?"
"No." He whispers.
I place one of me hands on his leg,and he gently strokes me cheek,looking into me eyes.I slowly lean forward,gently placing me lips on his.I smile slightly when he responds to the kiss,but I remember where we are and pull away.
"I-I'm going to get a umm drink." I stutter.
He nods his head at us.
I shuffle back along the seat,standing up when I get to the end.I sort me dress out before walking across the dance floor and over to the bar.
"Can I get a passionfruit martini please!"
The barman goes to make me drink,and I turn around when I hear someone calling me name.
"Chezza!"
"Lily!"
"What was that?!" She says quietly.
"What was what?"
"With you and Simon?!"
I just shrug me shoulders.
"Tonsil tennis with your ex boss aye?"
"Lily! Shut it!"
I pick me drink up from the bar and take a few sips,
"You must have made a very good impression,cause he hasn't taken his eyes off you since you left the table!"
"Lily!"
"What?!"
"Zip it!"
She gives us a mischievous smile,so I just roll me eyes at her,walking back over to the table.
"Is it safe to come back to the table? Or do you two want to be alone?"
"You're so funny! Yes you can sit with us! Anyway,Sarah is sat at the table as well now!"