Chapter 78

I feel meself welling up,but I don't know if I'm more upset or more angry right now.Nadine pulls us into her,wrapping her arms around us.
"Talk to him Cheryl,don't believe her,she's winding you up."
"Is she though Nadine?! I don't know ---"
"Cheryl! It's bloody Nicole,it's what she does! She's trying to ruin it for you and Simon!"
"But what if she's not lying Nadz?" I whisper,more tears falling down me face.
"I don't know.But I trust him Cheryl,he wouldn't touch her in a million years! He loves you,and whatever's gone on today,is not going to change that fact.You just need to talk things through with him."
"I'm scared I'm gonna find out she's telling the truth though."
I hear Nadine sigh,and she looks down at the floor before looking back up at us.
"Do you love him Cheryl?"
"Of course I do!"
"And do you trust him?"
"I did,but ---"
"If you go back to before we saw Nicole.Did you trust him then?"
"With me life." I say quietly.
"Exactly! Now,we are going to go in there,and you and Simon can talk.You can find out why she was here as well,okay?"
I watch Nadine grab me suitcase,walking on up the path,leaving us stood on the spot.I see her put the suitcase down by the front door,then looking back at us.I just can't move me body,like I'm stuck,and I feel sick.It feels like something isn't right,and I'm scared of that feeling,and I'm absolutely petrified of Nicole being truthful for once.I manage to get me legs to move,and I slowly walk up the path,stopping when I'm stood outside the front door.

(Nadine's POV)
I open the front door,walking in,placing the suitcase just by the door.I watch Cheryl step into the house,closing the door behind her.I hear her let out a deep breath,taking a few more steps into the house.
"Cheryl?!" I hear Simon call from the kitchen.
I hear his footsteps rushing over the tiles of the kitchen floor,and then he appears in the hallway.I look at him,and he doesn't look his usual self.He looks worried,tired and stressed.
"Cheryl,where have you been?"
"I've been with Nadz."
"I've been so worried about you!"
"And what have you been doing then?"
"Waiting for you."
"Anything else?"
"No."
I see Cheryl cross her arms,walking a couple of steps closer to him.
"Don't lie to us Simon!"
"What?"
"Why are you lying to us Simon?! I'm not bloody stupid!"
"I'm not lying Cheryl!"
"Who else has been here then?"
"No one! Why?"
"Well how come I just seen Nicole leaving the house then?!" Cheryl shouts.
It all just turns silent,and I feel really awkward stood here.I really don't understand why he just lied to her.She's had so much of that before in past relationships,she doesn't need it again.
"Why are you bloody lying to us Simon?! What's happened tonight? Nicole's told us a few things,and I really hope they're not true.But how you just lied to me face,tells me ---" She stops.
I see him turn pale,looking down to the floor,and he looks guilty as anything.He takes a deep breath,walking over so he's stood infront of Cheryl.She doesn't unfold her arms,she just raises her eyebrows at him.
"I'm so sorry Cheryl." He says really quietly.
"What the F*** happened Simon? Tell me the truth!"
"Cheryl,please don't ---"
"Just tell us Simon!" She shouts.
"What did Nicole tell you?"
"It doesn't matter what Nicole's told us! I want to hear what happened from your mouth!"
At the moment,I can see Cheryl is really upset,but she's put a barrier up so she seems more angry about it all.He goes to touch her arm,and she takes a step back,avoiding all contact with him.
"Cheryl ---"
"Just f***ing tell us Simon! Don't try avoiding the f***ing subject!"
"I-I ---"
"Did you sleep with her?!" I can hear the upset in Cheryl's voice.
"What?! No I didn't sleep with her! Is that what she told you?!"
"Yes! That's what she told us!"
"I wouldn't sleep with her Cheryl!"
"What is it then? What aren't you telling us?"
"She kissed me Cheryl!"
I'm speechless.I was not expecting that.I see Cheryl look down at the floor,dropping her hands to the side of her body.
"Why Simon?" I just about hear her whisper.
"I-I didn't kiss her Cheryl! She kissed me! I pushed her away Cheryl! I promise you! I love ---"
"Don't f***ing say you love us! Why the hell was she here in the first place?!"
"She turned up at the house.Cheryl,please,I didn't know she was coming! I love you,and nothing was ever meant to happen! She's done it on purpose cause she knows what it's going to do to us! She came around here to ask some questions about her job as a judge!"
"Did you have a drink?"
"I had half a glass of wine Cheryl! I wasn't going to drink anything else cause I wanted to come and get you if you needed me to pick you up!"
"Why though Simon? Why didn't you tell her to go?" I can tell Cheryl's trying not to cry.
"I didn't think she would do anything Cheryl! If I did,I promise you,I wouldn't of let her through those gates!"
"But you did Simon! You knew I could of come home,and you know how I feel about her!"
"I'm sorry Cheryl! I'm so sorry!"
"And I'm sorry as well Simon!"
"What do you mean?"
"I'm sorry I ever trusted you."
She looks at Simon one last time,before turning around towards me.I see tears streaming down her face,and I walk over to her,wrapping an arm around her waist,walking over and grabbing her suitcase and opening the door.
"Cheryl,please don't go!" I hear Simon say.
She doesn't even turn around,she just carries on walking.She wraps her arms around her stomach,walking on outside and down the path.I turn around to shut the door,and I see tears starting to fall down Simon's cheeks as well.
"Please tell her I'm sorry Nadine.This was never meant to happen! She's my life! I love her!"
All I can do is slightly nod,everything which has happened is still a blur to me,so I can't imagine what it's like for both of them.I just slowly close the door,and follow the path back down to my car,where Cheryl is led curled up on the backseat.