Chapter 41

(Flashbacks in italic)

We've just parked up outside Julie's house,I haven't been here for so long,it's nice to be back.
"Si,are you sure she wants to see us?"
He just looks at us, "Fine,fine,I get the hint!"
I open the car door and step out,following behind Simon.He knocks on the door and walks straight in the house.
"Mum,I have someone here to see you!" He turns and smiles at us,I hear a reply from upstairs.
"Who is it? I'll be down in a minute!"
We walk into the living room and sit down on one of the sofas.Simon looks at us and gives us a smile, "What?"
"Nothing!"
"Seriously?"
"You look gorgeous!"
"Oh.Umm.Thanks."
He strokes the side of me leg until we hear someone coming down the stairs.
"Cheryl! It's so nice to see you again! See Simon,you should bring her here more often!"
I give Simon a smile. "I'm never here myself,so how am I going to bring Cheryl around?"
"Come here more and then you can bring Cheryl around with you!"
"Or she could just come round here herself maybe."
I have to laugh at both of them, "Don't worry Julie,I'll come around and see you more."
She gives us a smile, "That would be nice.So,what have you been up to lately?"

------
(Julie's POV)

We've all been sat talking for a couple of hours,catching up really.It's really nice to see Simon genuinely happy and I think it may have something to do with the time he's spending with Cheryl.I don't really know what's going on with his relationship with Mezhgan,but I haven't seen her for months.To be completely honest,I don't think he's happy with her,I think it was someone to settle with more then anything,they don't exactly see eye to eye anymore.I was one of the few people he told about splitting from her for abit last October,November time.I remember the conversation very well.

It was eight in the morning and I woke up to a knock on my bedroom door.
"Who is it?"
"Me."
"Why are you here,it's eight in the morning?"
He opened the door and I could tell something was wrong. "What's happened?"
"Umm,me and Mezhgan have split.Well,on a break.She wanted a break from us for a month!"
"What? How come?" I could tell there was definitely a reason through it all.
"Umm." There was a pause, "Cheryl." He looks down,how could I not see her coming into it at some point or another. "What go downstairs,I'll come down and talk with you!"