Chapter 42

Chapter 42

I walk into the living room with two cups of tea and sit down next to Simon.He is sat looking into space,obviously in his own world.I take a sip of my tea then turn completely round to Simon to try and get him to open up about everything.
"Simon,what happened?"
"We had got home from the X Factor show and we were both doing separate things.I ended up texting Cheryl and then I ended up going out the room and chatting on the phone to Cheryl for an hour or so."
"Right,why did she want to go on a break then?"
"Well I went back in the room and she comes out with a stupid comment about it was nice of me to join her again.She then said about me and Cheryl flirting on the show and I just said it wasn't flirting,it's banter,but she didn't believe me at all,so I turned around and said we just have a laugh,it's just fun,someone I can speak to.That's when she said she thinks it's a good idea if we have a break for a month so we won't be arguing.I woke up this morning and she was gone!"
"Oh.I don't really know what to say.I don't know what you want to be honest and it doesn't sound like it's the first argument."
"Its not.We've argued practically everyday for the past couple of weeks and it's always over my relationship with Cheryl."
"Well,if she's your fiance,maybe you should do something about what your arguments are about.I know you and Cheryl are really close,but do you really want to upset your fiance over it? Maybe have some space away from Cheryl?"
"Mum,I work with her,it's not that easy! I don't understand her problem with the relationship we have!"
"Well you are close Simon."
"What are you saying mum?"
"Simon,I'm not saying anything,I'm just trying to see from her point of view.I know your close friends and you work together so it wouldn't be easy,but maybe the whole phonecall at night,texting alot could be cut down abit?"
"How do you know about the phonecalls?"
"When you stayed for just over a week a few weeks ago,you were on the phone to her every night for a couple of hours,I could hear you from my room!"
"Oh right.I don't think I should have to change how we are because of what she's thinking! She won't even let Cheryl in the house at the moment,I go around to hers and then it just makes Mezhgan even worse."
"You spend near enough all your time with Cheryl,maybe she feels abit pushed out.I love Cheryl to pieces,really,but sometimes I have to remind myself that your with Mezhgan and not with Cheryl because you do have a very strong chemistry.I don't know what you want to do,or what you want,do you want to go back to Mezhgan?"
"Yes."
"Is there any sort of feelings for Cheryl?" He hesitates, "No."

Now I don't really know if he's with Mezhgan or if he's got any sort of feelings for Cheryl.