[ 001 ]

⤿ June 19th, 2020

Brianna cursed lightly under her breath as she struggled to unlock her door with the key that was in her hand. She had only recently moved from New York City to Brooklyn, New York and while she was trying to get used to the new place it was strange to her. But she was no stranger to strange things so she accepted the fact that she would try to make a life there.

"You good, sweetheart?" Brianna looked over her shoulder to see a man looking at her from a door down and she glared at him for a second. She hadn't had the chance to meet her neighbors and had actually avoided meeting them so far, not being a fan of interacting with people face to face so seeing the man who she assumed was her neighbor annoyed her even more. The keys jingled in her hands as she looked back to the door and finally shoved the right key in. "Don't be like that, smile." She shot him a glare again and the playful grin that was on his face fell but he continued to lean on his doorframe, watching the girl while also keeping the six feet for social distancing. "I'm Johnathan by the way." He introduced himself and Brianna sighed silently under her breath before looking back over at him.

"Brianna." She introduced herself back, only because it was the nice thing to do before she heard the click of her door unlocking. "Thank god." She muttered under her breath, happy to be able to get out of the social interaction. She looked back to Johnathan again as she slipped her keys into her pocket. "Well while it was nice to meet you Jonathan, I'm going to head in." She told the man, kicking open her front door which already had scuff marks on it and going to step inside.

"Hey Bri," She internally groaned when she heard the nickname being called. She took another step backwards and glared at the man from around her doorframe.

"That's not my name." Brianna informed the man who raised his eyebrows a little in response to her reaction of the nickname. She glared at him but he only smiled back.

"We should get together sometime." Jonathan suggested with a smile on his face again. Her eyes narrowed slightly as he made the offer for the two of them to hang out, not sure why the man would want to hang out with her. She ran a hang through her hair nervously at the suggestion before looking back into her new home that was still quite empty.

"Maybe." Brianna said, trying to shrug him off as she looked back over to him. He raised his eyebrows once again and Brianna shuffled her feet, wanting to escape into her apartment already. "I'll have to check my schedule." She muttered, trying to cover her anxiety and he gave her a small nod.

"Alright." He said with another smile in her direction that she returned with a nod before disappearing into her apartment, quickly locking the door behind her and heading to her bedroom to lay down and hide from the thoughts of hanging out with her neighbor.