[ 056 ]

⤿ November 13th, 2020

John frowned as he sent another text to Brianna, confused as to why she hadn't responded within the last twenty four hours. When John didn't respond within twenty minutes Brianna would make fun of him for it, especially if it was through text rather then discord and he had never seen her not answer a text from him. Silently he wondered if he had made the girl upset, said something in the last few days that would hurt her feelings or just make her not want to talk to him.

After calling her phone one more time he decided that he was going to head over to her apartment, not through the window but through the door this time. Just because he hadn't been invited by Brianna and didn't want to just appear in her bedroom after she'd ignored him. They had exchanged house keys when Bri had headed to the UK, so he could take care of Smokey and so he grabbed that on his way out of his apartment.

"Bri," Schlatt knocked on the girls door and looked down the hall. A guy who lived down the hall who always gave John dirty looks was staring at him as he knocked on the girls door. He raised his eyebrows at the dude and after a minute John put the key in and turned the door handle. "Brianna?" He called out for the girl as he looked through her apartment for her, glancing into the kitchen then the bathroom which was open. There was a look of confusion on his face as he cracked Brianna's door open. He sighed when he saw her laying in bed. "Wake up Bri," John called from her bedroom door, not daring to step closer and she didn't move. After a few seconds he took a few steps from the door and looked at her, her phone going off on her bedside table. He was shocked to see it had close to a hundred notifications from different people. "Don't be dead please." He muttered as he moved Brianna's hair out of her face to reveal her soft features. "Brianna, wake up sweetheart." John said to the girl and she shifted slightly, her eyes opening a little as she looked up at the man who was in her bedroom.

"Hi J," Brianna's voice was soft and it was clear that she was exhausted even though she looked as if she had been sleeping for the last however many hours. John moved to sit on the edge of her bed and he pressed his hand to the top of her forehead, a frown crossing his face.

"Bri," John said softly as he looked at the girl only to see that she was already looking up at him with a look of confusion on her face. The girl looked like shit but as Brianna met his eyes her face turned even warmer. "You're burning up." He added and Bri only blinked up at him before shifting where she was laying.

"I don't feel good."

"Clearly." John laughed lightly under his breath only to receive a glare from Brianna. He met her eyes and he could feel his heart beat a little faster as she met his eyes and her eyes softened until they were almost doe like. He caught his breath and looked away from the girl then back once he had regained his posture. "Come on," He offered Brianna his hand and she eyed it carefully. "I'm taking you to the hospital." John added because he knew the girl looked like she had to go, she didn't look healthy at the moment.

"No," Brianna dragged her voice out and John looked at her with a small smile appearing on his face at how adorable she was even when sick. He hadn't seen this side of her before and he quite honestly was curious to this part of her. "Why?" She asked with a frown.

"Because you look and sound horrible," John said with a small grin on his face as Brianna glared at the man. Silently Brianna hated the idea of going to the doctor or even a hospital, she hated them. Doctors were usually nice but things that happen at hospitals always freak her out.

"Can you just lay with me?" Brianna asked as she reached for John's hand, lightly pulling the man towards her. He raised an eyebrow at the girl and Brianna looked at him as she moved back a little so he could lay with her. "Please." She muttered, looking up at him and he glanced at his watch with a sigh.

"Just for a little bit." John told the girl who smiled at his agreement and moved so he could climb into the bed with her. As he laid down Brianna rested her against his chest. John moved to put his hand on the small of Bri's burning back and pressed his head to the top of her forehead. "Then we are going to the doctor at least." He hummed as he felt how much she was actually burning up.

"Ok," Brianna hummed, knowing that they weren't going to go and if they did then John would have to carry her out of the apartment building. "But for now," The girl said as she rested her head on John's chest, slowly drifting into a fever dream while John held her close.