[ 053 ]

⤿ November 1st, 2020

At first Brianna couldn't believe what she was seeing as she stepped off the plane and had made it inside of the New York air port, the sky dark as night was quickly approaching but that wasn't on her mind. The only thing on her mind as she pushed through the crowds with a smile on her face and her carryon over her shoulder as she rushed towards John who was holding a small bouquet of flowers as he looked at her. There was a bright smile on his face as Brianna rushed over to him and he wrapped his arms around her, Brianna doing the same.

"Hey princess," John greeted the girl who was in his arms, his voice low as he rested his head on top of hers with a slight smile across his face. Brianna's face turned pink at the small nickname she had been given by the man and kept her face buried in his chest to hide from him as they stood together.

"Hi J," Brianna answered with a smile on her face even though she remained hiding from him. John stood there happy, happy to have the girl in his arms, happy to have brought her flowers and above all happy that she was going to be around again. He had missed her more then anything else and the time she had been gone made him realize just how much Bri meant to him, although he still didn't want to admit that to her.

"How was your trip?" John asked and Brianna then tilted her head up at John, a playful grin across her face. The two were still embraced and Brianna could feel her skin on fire as he lightly held onto her. Brianna felt like they were in their own world and that no one could break the bubble they had made between them.

"As if you didn't watch the streams," Brianna teased him because she knew that he had been in at least one of her streams. A smile stayed pressed across Brianna's face as she saw John give her a fake eye roll at how she was acting.

"You know me too well," John said with a sigh as he looked at Brianna, the grin on her face one that he had missed more then he had even realized over the last few days. She hadn't been gone long but to him it had felt like ages, so having Bri in his arms at the moment was one thing which had been on his mind for the those past few days.

"It was very good," Bri took a step back, out of John's arms and while John wanted to frown he couldn't as she took the flowers from his hands. They were her favorite colors, a mixture of blues and purples and hints of yellow mixed in as well. Her favorites, she was honestly a little shocked John had taken note. "Thanks for asking." She added and John shook his head a little as the two started on their way towards the luggage pickup. She still needed to collect her bag, now filled with clothes that she had gotten from Will in the other country.

"Anytime," John said because he would always listen to her speak, listen to whatever story she had to tell and he could tell he would never get tired of how she spoke so carefully and her way of saying certain words. He knew she was from the west coast and sometimes it showed more then the girl would like to admit. "Want to get dinner?" He asked her and Brianna looked at her Apple Watch then to him.

"It's like 10," The girl said because the sky was dark and she had taken a flight to land later in the day but not in the middle of the night. She had done it to avoid large crowds and it had seemingly worked. "They'll think we are stoners." She pointed out and John rolled his eyes at the girl who couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Oh shut up," John said as they approached the area where they could collect Brianna's bag. It was easy to find hers in the crowd of bags that was on the conveyor belt since it was black with hints of purple and looked nothing like the others. "I'm buying you dinner, what do you want princess?" He asked the girl as she grabbed the bag and the two started their walk to his car parked out front.