[ 070 ]

⤿ December 31st, 2020

Brianna rested her head against John's shoulder as they sat on the top of the roof of their apartment building. They were looking up at the dark sky, a tripod set up with them so they had some viewers talking to them as they waited for the sky to be light up and the new year to begin. Brianna was extremely excited for 2021, knowing that she would have a bright future as her career was only starting to blast off and she knew that 2021 couldn't get much worse then the year that the world had quite literally shut down during.

John had been telling some story about what had been happening off stream and cracking jokes to the thousands of viewers that they were entertaining. Brianna listened intently and would occasionally read off a chat message that she found funny from her phone but other then that the two waited for the fireworks to start going off. And they started going off once it hit 11:55 because there of course had to be a pre show as they lived so close to New York who were known for their New Years firework celebrations over so many years.

The first firework went up and chat was the one to point it out, saying that the stream was spilt screen so the people could see both the couple as well as the night sky. Bright red was the color that first broke through the darkening sky and Bri grinned happily as it was quickly followed by a cue of different colors.

"It's so pretty," Brianna said out loud as she tilted her head up, her eyes focused on the colors in the sky and she only looked over at John when there was a small break. She felt her face blush as she looked back to only see John having his eyes on her and the way her face lit up with each color in the sky.

"It is." He responded as he looked at Brianna rather then the sky. A blush crossed the girls face as she looked at John and as a blue firework exploded in the sky, her face was lit up enough for the camera to see her turn a shade of pink.

"You're so cringe." Brianna muttered as she looked away from John, flustered from the compliment that he had made on stream. The two were known for practically being at each other's necks online and on stream so him being so sweet to her in front of the people watching wasn't new, but it was very rare. It was rare enough that the chat exploded with different emotes and people spamming. "Only a minute until 2021." Brianna said as she looked away from her chat and to the top part of her phone which was getting closer and closer to midnight.

"Goodbye 2020," John grinned as he wrapped his arm around Brianna's shoulders, both of their eyes going to the sky which was starting to light up more and more with every firework that was lit and sent up.

"You shocked actual ass." Bri added, talking about the last year that she had experienced. A grin appeared on her face as she knew that almost everyone around the world was excited for the new year to come.

"Most of it at least." John muttered and softly kissed Brianna's temple. A smile appeared on Bri's face as she continued to look up to the sky, an explosion of colors lighting up the night world around the two and Brianna looked over at John who already has his eyes on her.

"Cringe." She muttered under her breath with a small giggle as a countdown could be heard far off and as the countdown hit, John and Bri's lips met. "Happy New Year J," Brianna said lightly as she held her forehead to John's, a bright smile across her face and John took hr hand in his and kissed it lightly.

"Happy New Year Princess." John told Brianna and the two turned to look back out at the sky, reading Brianna's chat off her phone as viewers spammed over the fact that they had kissed on camera and that it had been clipped so so many times and about how they looked so good with each other.