[ 037 ]

⤿ September 25th, 2020

"What do you mean Will's still not back?" Bri asked as she sat in the call editing a video with her headphones in. She was on a discord call again with Tommy, Tubbo, and Techno but Will had been there before but left for whatever reason. He said he would be back soon but he had clearly lied. "It's almost like one in the morning for you guys." She pointed out as well and looked over to see John playing on his phone. She was on her laptop while they were sitting on opposite sides of her couch and Bri threw a paper at John. He looked up and rolled his eyes with a grin across his face.

"He probably went emo like Bri did and went to play the guitar in the pouring rain, the pitch black night, while alone and got kidnapped." A monotone voice explained as if it were some kind of story and Brianna rolled her eyes at Techno's explanation for why Will would be gone for so long.

"Will would be the person to get kidnapped." Tommy mumbled, clearly tired as well and Brianna knew that the boy was working on the work which he had been given. The two youngest of the group had gone back to school recently and had decided to call while trying to do their homework.

"Nah," Brianna hummed a little and watched as John threw a box in her direction. It missed her obviously but landed next to her on the couch and she rolled her eyes when she saw that it had a messy heart drawn on it from a pen that the man must've found. She flipped him off and looked back to her video. "He's too lanky." She pointed out as John huffed in the corner, returning to his phone.

"I'm sure he'll be fine." Techno said, dragging out the last word which made Brianna laugh lightly. She quickly saved the video which she had been working on and made sure it actually saved before she closed the application.

"He probably just fell asleep," Brianna said with a small shrug because knowing Will that would be something that could happen. It had actually happened to them on FaceTime before and she had waited about forty five minutes for him to come back which he didn't. "He'll be back by morning I bet." She told the other in the call with a small yawn.

"And if he's not?" Tommy asked as if he was challenging her. Brianna shook her head and looked back up at John who was staring at her. She furrowed her eyebrows and gave him a confused look but he only blinked before looking back to his phone.

"We can go search, call 111 or whatever." Bri said with a small laugh at the idea of them calling the police over their friend going away for a few hours. The girl looked to the corner of her screen and realized it was getting late for her, meaning it was even later for the two British children in the call. "Anyways, shouldn't the two of you be sleeping?" The girl asked before either of the sixteen year olds could change the subject.

"I mean," Tubbo said and Brianna shook her head a little, a grin across her face as she realized that the two were going to try and argue with her.

"Exactly." Brianna told the two, cutting Tubbo off before he could get any further with whatever excuse that Tubbo was about to tell her. "Get off, go to bed. Have a good day at school tomorrow children." She grinned as the two of them complained but after a few seconds and after realizing Brianna wasn't going to break they decided to just get off.

"Thanks mother Blix." Tommy grinned and Bri could hear the tiredness in his voice. She shook her head at the name which Tommy and Tubbo would often use as a teasing name whenever the girl acted as a responsible figure. They knew she hated it but they only really brought it up whenever she was telling them to do homework or go to bed or simply be responsible on their own.

"No." Brianna said with a smile across her face and the two boys laughed before they both left the call, saying their goodbyes to Techno and Brianna. The older two sat in the call in comfy silence for another few minutes before a shout can be heard on Techno's side of the call.

"I'm gonna head off too Bri," Techno sighs but Brianna can tell from the tone of his voice that his little sister had come into his room and was asking for his attention. Brianna would never come between him and his family so she gave him a small hum and minimized her tab again.

"Alright," Bri said with a grin on her face as she looked up again, only to see that John once again had his eyes locked on the girl. She gave him another look and this time he didn't look away so Brianna broke away from their stare and looked at the screen. "I'll see you around." She told Techno before hitting the hang up button on Discord and laughed lightly as John gave a dramatic sigh from where he was sitting.

"Finally," John said dramatically and Brianna raised her eyebrows as she shut her laptop and placed it down on the coffee table in the middle of her living room. "I have you all to myself again." He joked and Bri rolled her eyes at how he was acting like she'd left him alone for years and years.

"It was two hours." She pointed out and he frowned a little at Brianna.

"Two hours of me sitting with no attention." He said with a joking grin and Brianna rolled her eyes as she crossed her legs under her, shaking her head as a way to try and hide her laughter from him. John smiled so more, admiring the girls laugh and the way that she smiled. He had never thought of himself as a mushy kind of guy but he had found himself becoming that guy for Brianna.

"You have Ted." Brianna told him and John frowned.

"Ted is busy." John said, his eyes staying on the girl as she shook her head with a smile shining brightly on her face.

"Charlie?" She asked with a raise of her eyebrows. John simply shook his head no.

"Busy." He repeated and Bri looked over with a fake pout across her face. Even with a pout across the girls face, John couldn't help but find himself smiling at how pretty she looked.

"Poor you." Brianna tilted her head slightly with a grin across her face as she reached back and pulled her hair up into a small messy bun.

"Poor me." John copied, watching as she did so. Her hair had grown out some more since the two had first met and her roots were starting to grow in, letting John know that the girl didn't have natural dark hair but she was rather a dirty blond. "Want to get dinner?" He asked, trying to get more time with Brianna before the two separated for the night. "I'll pay." She smiled at the offer and gave him a small nod before the two climbed off of the couch and made their way to the front door.