[ 068 ]

⤿ December 24th, 2020

The couple had spent the day leading up to Christmas together, both having cooked an amazing meal that they both enjoyed, watched stupid cringey Christmas movies that they made fun of the whole time and had even made another batch of cookies, although there was a much smaller mess this time due to the fact that Brianna had been extremely exhausted and ready to pass out. And pass out she did.

She woke up around 11:30 when she heard talking in the other room and Brianna smiled when she saw that the living room of John's apartment had been decorated in a way it hadnt been before she passed out. It was clear that John had hung the rainbow Christmas lights around his living room and put up fake stockings from the store, having filled them with random goodies he knew Bri liked. Brianna sat on the couch in a shocked state at how much he clear cared for her and what he had done for her and one of her few favorite holidays.

After a few minutes of sitting in a sleepy state she got to her feet and walked in the direction of her boyfriends voice. As she entered his bed room she saw that he was sitting at his pc, his headset on as he was talking to a few friends in a call. Brianna knew these people and had spoken to them multiple times and recognized the profile pictures from across the room.

"Hey," John turned when he heard his bedroom door open and he muted his mic quickly so the others wouldn't hear her in his room. He didn't care but didn't want to hear the girl get teased. "Why are you up baby?" He asked but Brianna shook her head and walked over to him. He opened his arms and allowed Brianna to sit on his lap, her chest touching his as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you." Brianna muttered, her voice soft and John smiled a little as he kissed her jaw lightly. She snuggled more into him and her breathing slowed over time as John held her, his headset on with his friends voices in the background.

"Anytime Princess." John told Bri, knowing that she was talking about the decorations and how he had let the restless girl sleep rather then keep her awake. He couldn't help but smile as he saw that she was slowly drifting in and out of sleep in his arms. "Good night Bri." He whispered to the girl, shifting so she was more comfortable in his arms but so he could also reach his keyboard and mouse.

"Night J." Brianna repeated, her words soft and clearly slipping out of her mouth as she rested her head against John's chest loving the natural warmth he provided. "Night mystery FBI agent listening in on us." She added as a joke and John rolled his eyes about how Bri could crack jokes like that even as she laid in his arms on the brink of passing out.

"Fuck the FBI agent." John laughed lightly and Brianna looked up at him with a clearly joking yet very sleepy frown on her face.

"Hey," Bri said, dragging out the last letter as she used her hand to direct John's eyes away from the screen which they'd moved to and he looked down at her with a grin. "Apologize." The girl said with a smile appearing on her face and John laughed lightly under his breath again as he looked at Brianna. "He's my friend." She told John who shook his head a little with a small but genuine laugh that Brianna loved so much.

"No, I don't think I will." John decided which caused Brianna to huff and lay her head back down on John's chest but a small giggle came from her a second later. John placed a hand on her back as he listened to her fall asleep in his lap, typing out a message that he'd be right back to his friends. "Go to sleep baby." He said to the girl as she slowly passed out in his arms.