[ 016 ]

⤿ August 6th, 2020

"Johnathan," Brianna whispered to herself as she looked down at her phone while she was waiting to use the bathroom. The girl was clearly plastered as fuck and she wasn't thinking straight but she didn't care as it was close to two thirty in the morning and she was in the very loud and bright club where people were keeping the party going. Staring at her phone, she easily went to her text messages and clicked on the message which John had send to her in the past. Brianna hit the button to call the man, knowing that he would be awake and she waited impatiently as the phone rang. Then he picked up and a grin quickly crossed Brianna's face "Hey John," She greeted the man with an excited but hushed voice, a warm feeling growing in her chest.

"Uh," His voice made the girls smile grow even more as she stood by the door to the rest room with a bunch of other girls who were waiting to go in. She beamed brightly at his sleepy voice and Brianna continued to grin. "Hello Bri," John said as he muted himself from the call he had going with some of his friends on Discord who were now teasing him. "What's up?" He asked her and a frown suddenly crossed Brianna's face when she realized how much she had been smiling at the simple question.

"I wanted to say," Brianna stopped herself unsure of why she had actually called her neighbor in the middle of the nightclub and had been thinking about him. Her mind was all over the place and she couldn't keep track of her thoughts so she said the first thing that came to her mind. "That I hate you." She decided to tell him with a small giggle.

"Oh?" John couldn't help but laugh lightly at the giggle that he had heard because he had never heard Brianna giggle before. He had only seen her smile on rare occasion so seeing her like this was new and also new in a way. "Why do you hate me?" He asked, clearly amused and Brianna hummed a little with a smile still on her face as she held the phone to her ear.

"Because I like you." Brianna admitted in shushed voice and John's smile fell. He pulled the phone away from his face and checked that he was on call with the girl that he had been falling for over the past few weeks. There was a second before he put the phone back to his ear and heard her giggling again. "I don't see how that logic works." He laughed along, sure that the brunette had meant she liked him in the way of friendship. She always acted so cold so why would she say that. The he heard the club music in the background and paused. "Bri, are you drunk?"

"Maybe a little." Brianna giggled at the thought of admitting that she was intoxicated to the man she had only recently started to enjoy the company. She rested her head against the wall and her eyes wandered back to the line, seeing that it wasn't moving. "I'm at a club." She admitted with a sigh but there was still a smile across her face as she talked to John.

"I'm sure that's going to be great in the morning." John said sarcastically as he typed out a message to Wilbur, saying that he would be back later because something had just come up. Wilbur sends him an alright and the both leave the call. John stands up and makes his way across his apartment to put on his shoes. "Which club? I'll come pick you up." He asked the girl and there was a pause as it was now her turn to pause and look at her phone.

"Why would I tell you that?" Brianna asked John with a frown across her face. John shook his head and grabbed a bottle of Aspirin for the girl that he was going to go get. He knew she wouldn't drive home because he knew she was smarter then that and he also didn't want her getting drunkenly into an Uber.

"Because," He said instead of telling her the real reason. John instead decided to keep that to himself, something he would think about after sitting out on the fire escape with her or going to grab foot longs from the sandwich shop he showed her.

"Good reason." Brianna giggled. That was something new that he had only heard for the first time but was starting to adore. But he shook his head, wiping the smile off his face because he just wanted to make sure that the nineteen year old got home safely.

"Bri, come on." He said calmly and she sighed loudly on her side of the call but little did John know that there was a bright grin across her face as she spoke to him.

"Ok, ok, bossy." Brianna said with a small laugh that she couldn't hide and a breath of relief came from John as he grabbed his keys and headed out of his apartment door. "I'll send it now." Brianna told him and only a few seconds later he got a notification, letting him know that she had sent him the location.