[ 096 ]

⤿ March 19th, 2021

"Bri," Will had left John and Brianna after he had received a frantic call from Tommy telling him to join his stream. Will apologized, telling Tommy he would be on within the hour which was quickly followed by him apologizing to Bri for leaving her. He quietly told her that if she needed him, just text him to have him come home to them. "I'm sorry." John said and Brianna sighed, bringing her knees up to her chest as she sat across from him on the sofa. "Meeting you was one of the best things that could have ever happened to me," John continued on as Brianna stared at the carpet that laid on top of the hardwood floor. She hated the carpet, she hated this, she hated that Will left her and she hated John. "And I couldn't stand to lose you."

"Why?" The word slipped from her lips so easily due to how much she had been wanting to ask. She had waited weeks, thought about it on her own and tried to find an answer but never did.

"I didn't mean what I said, I was being irrational." John continued on with his ramble as if he hadn't heard what she had said. She looked at him as he ran a hand through his hair with a look of longing pain on his face.

"John," She said before he could continue on with his rambling. He met her eyes and she took a deep breath, knowing she needed an answer from him. "Why?" She asked again and this time John looked to the ground then back up at her.

"Because I'm an idiot." John admitted to her, his voice hushed as if he had only come to that realization recently. The two sat in silence, both staring at the floor as they each tried to gather their own thoughts yet at the same time the two would occasionally look up at each other. Brianna tried to keep herself under control, tried to keep herself from crying and most of all tried to avoid his eyes. "I don't know what I'm doing Bri," He said quietly and Bri felt her heart ache as she looked back down to the ground. "All I know is that I miss you." John looked at her as Brianna pulled her hair back into a low ponytail.

"I miss you too." Brianna sighed, finally being able to say it loud. She missed him, she had missed him so much and of course she still loved him but the pain was there. They were broken up, it didn't matter that he flew out to apologize and say he loved her. He had hurt her and she wasn't ok with that.

"Can I hug you?" John asked her and she looked at him again, wrapping her arms around her body. She rubbed her eyes a little and only then realized that was and had been silently crying. "Please." He added softly.

"I guess." She shrugged even though she really did want a hug. Brianna really missed his hugs and she was reminded of this as he pulled her off of the couch and wrapped his arms around her. She hurried her face in his hoodie, as he rested his head on top of her. Her heart raced in her chest as she listened to his heart beat and she wrapped her arms around him too.

"Hey guys, I'm home," Will's voice called out in an almost sing song type of way as the sound of keys clattering against the wooden table echoes through the house. Brianna brought a hand up to her face and wiped her tears away as she stood there with John. "And I brought guests!"

"Uh," A familiar voice sounded and Brianna sighed a little as John held her a little tighter. He didn't want to let her go, not yet. He had just gotten back to Brianna and he didn't want to lose her again so soon. "I think we walked in on something." George said as he looked at the two standing together in the living room from the hallway. He glanced over at Niki and Will who in response looked into the living room to see Brianna and John standing together.

"Come on Will." Niki's soft voice said and there was the sound of footsteps leading away from the living room. They were heading to the back of the apartment, where the kitchen and pantry were at as well as the bed rooms.

"Yeah," Will cleared his voice before he started to follow after both Niki and George as they gave Bri and John some space. "Let's just make dinner." He told the two guests as his voice distanced itself from him, Brianna blinking fast to keep herself from crying as she enjoyed the warmth that John gave her as they stood in silence.