[ 046 ]

⤿ October 25th, 2020

Brianna stood in the middle of the airport with her carryon back pack in her hands as she was by the gate she would be going through. Next to her was John, who had drove her to the airport due to him not wanting the girl to leave her car at the airport and get stolen or something while she was gone. Brianna sighed as she moved her weight from one foot to another, she had never been a huge fan of flying. "You promise to take care of him?" She asked, her eyes meeting Johns and a small grin crossed the man's face.

"No," John grinned as he looked down at the girl, it was nearly eight at night but he felt more awake. She had dropped the news that she was leaving the country only a day before and had asked if John could watch the kitten or if she could find a good pet hotel around. He had of course offered to take care of it. "I'm going to let him die Bri."

"Stop," Brianna hits him on the arm lightly as she glared jokingly at the man. She knew that John would never kill the kitten, she knew that he had grown just as fond of it as Bri had and even came over to her house sometimes to just lay on the floor with the kitten.

"Yes," John laughed lightly at the way she had reacted to him saying he wouldn't care for the kitten. He had promised at least three times that he would take good care of him but still the girl wanted to make sure he was ok. "I will take care of Smokey." He told the girl with a grin across his face and Brianna smiled.

"Thank you," Brianna said and John returned the smile, the two listening to the bustling sound of the airport around them. She rested her head against his shoulder but John turned and wrapped his arms around him as she buried her face in his chest. She knew she would sleep on the flight. "And thank you for driving me here." She added without looking up at him, hiding her blush but loving his arms around her.

"I'll be waiting for you to come back," John said quietly as he tilted his head down, putting his head on top of Brianna's with a smile pressed across his face. From an outside view the two looked almost like a couple.

"I'll be back soon," Brianna muttered to John and she looked up at him with a small smile on her face. John's eyes moved from the girl in his arms to the people walking past, some doing double takes at the two then back to Brianna. "Don't miss me too much." She grinned and the man gave her a bright smile, knowing that he would absolutely miss her that much.

"I would never." John told Brianna who scoffed a little, knowing that the man was lying and would miss her. And she knew that she would equally miss him as well if not more.

"I made you cookies last night," Brianna said her eyes going to the windows which wasn't too far from them. The planes were showing up and the girl could see the night sky, she knew it would look great from above. "Couldn't sleep," She added as she felt John's hands on her lower back, him showing respect and not daring to go lower. It made her smile as she continued to ramble on. "So they are on my counter for you."

"Bri," John laughed a little under his breath as he looked down at the girl who was in his arms, her mind clearly wandering as she rambled on about the cookies she had made. "You didn't have to,"

"Don't let Smokey eat them," She continued rambling on and the man only smiled more as he listened to her voice. She was so beautiful John thought to himself as he listened to her then realized that she was leaving again.

"Bri," John tilted her head up a little more with a grin on his face and a lost look crossed her face which only made him smile some more as he looked at her.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." John said, kissing her forehead and a look of surprise crossed Brianna's forehead followed by a blush and a feeling that spread from her chest to the rest of her body. He smiled a little and there was a second of his heart skipping a beat as Brianna stood there for a second before a grin crossed her face and she looked down at the ground. "I'll see you around." He told Bri quietly as he heard the intercom announce that Brianna's fight would be boarding very soon and she had priority seating in business class.

"Definitely." She smiled and took a step back, the two smiling before parting ways.