[ 079 ]

⤿ January 31st, 2021

There was a knock on Brianna's front door and she looked up from the long book she had been reading. She had always enjoyed reading as a free time activity but she hadn't had time for it recently. So taking some time to herself and not talking to literally anyone in her circle gave her time to pick up a book she'd been meaning to read. Techno had given it to her as a gift for her birthday, sent it in the mail and had almost harassed her about reading it. So there she sat, on her sofa, covered with a blanket reading The Lord of The Ring just to make one of her best friends happy.

But the knock on her door made Bri think that her food had arrived. Since she wasn't speaking to John, she also decided that ordering food from DoorDash or Uber were smart on her. It meant putting less effort into doing simple things. So one could imagine the small frown that crossed her face as she opened her door, not to see a person holding a sealed paper bag with her food inside but instead Johnathan Schlatt outside her door with a look of pity across his tired face.

"I'm sorry," John said as Brianna opened her mouth to speak. She closed her mouth and met his eyes, confusion in them as she saw the man looking a complete mess. She shifted her weight carefully as she held onto the frame of her door, looking at him.

"For?" Brianna finally spoke and John looked down at the ground. He didn't know what he had expected from Brianna, he knew she most likely would have wanted an explanation of something of the sort but a single word made him lose whatever train of thought he had going when he came over.

"I shouldn't have pushed the idea of marriage," John said, his voice quieter then she had heard it before. She knew he felt bad, she herself felt bad for shutting down the idea so quickly but at the same time. Phil had told her that neither were in the right or the wrong, it was just a thing that they would have to work on together and get past together. "Let alone kids," He added and looked at Brianna who only looked back. "Onto you." He finished and Brianna nodded a little, not trusting her words and worried that if anything she would make the situation between them worse. "I was in the wrong and shouldn't have made you talk about it." He continued to ramble on and Brianna went to cut him off, to tell him that they were both in the wrong but he continued on his speech. "I also shouldn't have continued to push it, so I'm really sorry." He finished and finally he looked up at Bri who nodded a little.

"It's ok," She stepped forwards and he wrapped his arms around her, burying his face in the nook of her neck. Brianna could feel that he was hot, feverish from emotions and she hugged him back as he sniffled lightly. This is the John that Brianna had fallen for, this was the John who she saw in private and hid away from the world.

"No really Bri," John said, his voice barely muffled as he spoke into Brianna's shoulder and she rested her head against his chest as he was taller then her. "I'm sorry." He said and looked up to meet her eyes again, kissing her forehead lightly.

"I forgive you." Brianna told him and stood on her toes, kissing him lightly before he put his head back on her shoulder. Anyone who would have walked down the hall would've been confused as to why the tall man was leaning on the short girl who lived next door if they weren't aware of their situation but at the same time neither cared. They stood like that for two minutes, John holding her tight and Brianna listening to his heartbeat until John looked up again.

"Want to watch Beauty and The Beast?" John asked her after a few seconds, knowing that Bri was a sucker for Disney movies and that the classics were her favorites. She rolled her eyes playfully and John kissed her forehead, silently happy that she was talking to him again.

"Maybe." She said and took a step back inside her apartment with a grin on her face. John stepped after her, letting the door click shut behind them and kissed her again. She returned the kiss and when they pulled away she was out of breath with her lips slightly swollen from the kiss. "Yeah, ok, I do." She laughed lightly and he grinned, happy to know his girlfriend's likes and dislikes as she pulled him further into her apartment and turned on the tv, moving to Disney Plus immediately.

"That's what I thought," John laughed as he sat down on the couch and Brianna moved to rest her head against his chest. She scoffed as she moved through the sections, finally searching up the movie they'd agreed on.

"Can we get food?" Brianna tilted her up towards him and John grinned.

"Already ordered McDonalds." He informed her with a small chuckle because that was honestly his back up plan. If his speech didn't work out and his apology turned to shit he had ordered Brianna some of her favorite food to try and apologize. Luckily he didn't need it but at least he still got her food, and he would obviously try to steal some of her food as well.

"Butterflies." Brianna grinned, a joke between the two before she kissed him lightly. He chuckled and watched as the girl he loved laid her head back down on his chest as the start of the movie came on.

"Always." John muttered and the two turned their attention back to the television, Brianna leaning on John and John kissing her forehead lightly, happy that she was happy.