[ 081 ]

⤿ February 4th, 2021

"Bri," John broke into Brianna's apartment with a grin on his face and only froze for a second when he saw his girlfriend sitting on the floor of her bedroom, facing the mirror. He tilted his head a little and she looked over her shoulder at him, a playful grin on her face as she wore gloves. After so long of saying that she was going to dye her hair she had finally decided to go through with it, deciding that pink hair would look good on her. She had been blond for far too long and didn't want to go back to brown so pink it was. "You good?" He asked because at the moment she was just bleaching her hair to make the pink pop more when it was finally going to be done.

"All good," Brianna nodded as she leaned forwards and checked herself in the mirror, adding the extra dye where it was needed so the color would be even. She had messed up before doing this and Tommy didn't let her down when it came to the teasing. "What's up?" She asked, looking over to him again as he sat down next to her, an excited look in his eyes which Brianna smiled at.

"Guess what?" He grinned as she did final touches on her hair, knowing that it would have to stay how it was for a few more minutes before she could take a shower. Then she would be a bleach platinum blond before the process of dyeing her hair pink would come. She always loved dyeing her hair and it was something she did when she got bored of her old color or just needed a change. She gave him a playful look and he grinned even brighter at this. "I just approved a place in Texas." Brianna froze at these words but tried not to show it so she wouldn't kill John's joy.

"In Texas?" Brianna asked, turning her head a little to see his face as he looked down at his phone. She could see that he was scrolling through pictures that must be the place that he had gotten. "Like a home?" She asked as she looked at the photos on his phone as he scrolled through them. "You're moving?" She asked him and he looked up at her.

"Yeah, that's the plan." John told her with a little bit of confusion in his voice and Brianna nodded a little. She hadn't heard him talk about this and didn't exactly know how she felt about it. "It's been in the works for a little while now and my lease is ending soon so," He said and pulled up some more pictures on his phone and tilted it so Brianna had a better view. "I was hoping you'd come with," He told her and she nodded a little more, her eyes going to the mirror where she saw her hair was turning lighter. "When does your lease end?"

Brianna pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked up an email from months ago. The email itself detailed all of the information she needed to know about her apartment but also things such as when she would need to renew it and which number she needed to call. Her eyes scanned over each line before finally finding the end date for lease. It wasn't until early July but she continued reading.

"There's a charge for ending it early," Brianna muttered to her boyfriend as she sat cross legged on the floor and continued to read on. It wasn't a cheap charge either and while it was a little annoying, she understood why their landlord would do so. "Oh my god," She clicked her phone off with a small groan. "What are you doing to me?" Brianna asked John as she leaned closer to her mirror and saw that she should probably wash the bleach out of her hair soon. "You're making me responsible." She tells him and he grins a little, looking at her with amusement in his eyes. "I don't like it."

"It's called adulting sweetheart." John laughed as he leaned over, kissing Brianna lightly and she smiled.

"Well I don't like it." Brianna told him as she pulled away from the kiss and John laughed a little at the small pout on her face.

"You'll be fine." John assured Brianna who scoffed a little with a grin across her face as he got to his feet. He stretched a little as he pocketed his own phone before looking down at Brianna again. "Wanna get something to eat?"

"Ooh yes," Brianna smiled brightly as she got to her feet as well and took a sip from the water bottle that was sitting on the couch. "Dark lunch." She told him happily and he gave her a confused look.

"You mean midnight snack?" He asked and Brianna frowned at him.

"No you dumbass." A bright and playful smile suddenly appeared on her face as she started to collect all of the hair dying equipment from the ground and place them onto the small table next to her sofa. "It's the meal in between dinner and breakfast," She explained to him as she moved everything carefully, making sure that it wouldn't stain anything. She didn't exactly want to buy new furniture at the moment. "It's called dark lunch." Brianna said in a more factual way which made John shake his head a little. He loved how she thought. 

"You worry me." John laughed lightly as he moved closer to her and leaned in to kiss her again. Brianna returned the kiss, her hands finding their way onto his shoulders and a grin appeared on her face once they both stepped back a little.

"Let me wash this dye out of my hair and then I'm ready to go." She told John breathlessly and John gave her a nod, watching as the girl he loves walked out of the room. As he watched her go, he thought of the life that they could have together in Texas. It made him smile and look down at his phone again so he could scroll through the pictures of the place he wanted to make home.