[ 078 ]

⤿ January 26th, 2021

The night had been going well, Brianna and John had been sitting around Brianna's room and just talking. They weren't talking about anything important, just small things like how their mutual friends were doing and how they had been doing. Brianna hadn't been streaming over the last few days since their original fight and Brianna had answered that she was just struggling to get into the right mindset.

She hadn't thought anything important about what she had said but clearly John did. That caused him to fall silent, his eyes moving from Bri then to the floor and Brianna knew what his mind was on. She stayed silent though, not wanting to cause a fight or anything of the sort. She just wanted to go back to normal.

"I just," John sighed and tilted his head down, rubbing his forehead as if he had a headache coming on. Brianna moved back on the bed so her back was against the wall it sat against and John stayed sitting in her gaming chair where he had been sitting previously. "I just don't understand why you are so fast to shut down the idea of having kids." He admitted what had been on his mind for the last few days to Bri who refuses to meet his eyes. She only brings her knees to her chest, her being hidden in a extra large hoodie that kept her warm. "It wouldn't even be for a long time." John said to her and Brianna shrugged a little.

"Exactly." Brianna shrugged again as she thought about what he had just said because it was the truth to her. She met his eyes again and he looked back with a desperately confused expression. "My mind might change but right now, I don't want kids." She held strong to her opinion and her ideals, her eyes moving between the strings on her hoodie and his eyes. "I don't even know if I want to get married." She admitted to him, her voice barely above a whisper as she said it.

"You don't want to get married?" John repeated what he had just heard his girlfriend say, a frown across his face. She met his eyes and saw that he looked disappointed, not at her but at the fact that she didn't want to. Another shrug came from Brianna in response as she shifted in her spot again.

"I just don't think a piece of paper should show the love between two people." Brianna said with a small shrug because that was how she had grown up thinking. She had always thought that if you really loved someone you didn't need to show other people. Of course it was ok to show other people but she never thought that the paper was a needed part of her love life.

"I want to get married Bri," John told Brianna with a movement of his hands as he looked at her. She met his eyes and saw the frown on her face, the way he was looking at her as if she had broken something that she didn't know she needed to fix. "It's more then a paper." He added because John honestly felt as if it was more, as if marriage was something that really mattered in life and should occur.

"No it not." Brianna shook her head, not thinking that it was. She was raised off of two people who had a paper and she saw no love between them. The paper really meant nothing to her and maybe it would in the future but at the moment Brianna didn't care about marriage papers at all. "It's really not." She said quietly but the silence that fell was deafening between the two. "I don't know John." She sighed as she wiped her face tiredly, her mind racing as she tried to figure something out to say. "I haven't wanted it for a while and it's not going to change." Brianna told him, holding her beliefs and letting him know that he wasn't going to change her mind.

"It's not?" John asked and Brianna met his eyes again.

"Not any time soon." She told him again and he sighed, looking down at the ground, silence once again surrounding the two.