[ 045 ]

⤿ October 22nd, 2020

Brianna hadn't been intentionally looking to go to a party on a random October night but when she got a chain email she accepted quickly. And of course when John saw her getting ready while he had been hanging out he had gotten curious about the fake blood she was putting on. And of course when she had told him that she was going to a Halloween party alone, he had insisted on coming with because she shouldn't be going alone.

"You didn't need to come," Brianna told John as the two walked down the street. The club which the party was being held was one that both Brianna and John had been at before but John had been picking up a very drunken Bri from. The girl had also managed to get John to dress up in vampire as well.

"I know," John responded with a small grin on his face and the girl looked over at him, tilting her head slightly. Her roots were coming in and recently Brianna had been talking about wanting to dye it a lot but hadn't gone through with it yet. "I wanted to come." He added as they walked through the groups of people who were hanging out by the entrance of the building, all having red solo cups or beer bottles in their hands.

"Alright idiot," Brianna grinned brightly at how the man had decided to come out with her and she was genuinely happy that he'd come, but then again she would never tell John that to his face. Once they had gotten through the door Brianna turned to John as they both saw the bar which they could get drinks from. It was clear that the club was currently filled with mostly underaged college kids or locals but no one seemed to really be caring. "Can you get us drinks?" Brianna asked, knowing she would PayPal him some money back for them later although she knew that they were cheap.

"Yeah, yeah." John laughed lightly at the girl who grinned happily at his response, his eyes flickering to the fake vampire teeth that she was wearing and had also bullied him to wear. "Be right back." John told the girl and she nodded a little. As he walked away he watched over his shoulder as the girl walked to the wall and pulled out her phone, typing something, probably a tweet. He made a note of where she was before he turned back to the table to get the two of them drinks. When he turned back though he saw that Brianna had moved, not too far, but to a point that someone was hovering over her with his hand placed on her shoulder as he spoke to her.

When he saw Brianna take a small step backwards and the normally talkative girl, not speaking to this stranger and actually looking rather uncomfortable he forgot about the drinks and walked away despite the bartender trying to get him to come back.

"Just," The guys voice was annoying, John decided as he approached the duo and Brianna looked over clearly relieved that John was back but that didn't last for long.

"Hey," John put on a fake smile as he stepped between the stranger and Brianna, trying to take the attention off of the girl and put it on him instead. The dude was just about his height, a little shorter but still enough to tower over Brianna. "Everything alright over here?" He looked at Brianna, wanting her to give him an answer to either back off or help her. He didn't want to get between her and this guy if he had misread the situation.

"Yeah, everything's fine." The guy spoke up and Brianna's eyes went to him as she inched closer to John. John's eyes didn't leave the girl though, now completely understanding what was going on and he gave Brianna another smile before he turned to the guy.

"I didn't ask you bud." John said as he kept his eyes on Brianna. He wasn't oblivious, he knew what was going on here and what the dude wanted from Brianna. He also knew that as much of a wall Brianna puts up, she was very bad at saying no. That scared him sometimes.

"She's fine bro." The kid continued even though it could clearly be seen that Brianna was not fine and some people were starting to notice. At least some who were standing around them, with red solo cups in their hands and eyes glued on the two men. "She's with me, aren't you?" He placed a hand on Brianna's shoulder and this caused John to finally meet the kids eyes.

"That's funny," John said and practically hit the hand off of Brianna's shoulder because how dare he touch her and how dare he do it when everyone could see that Brianna was clearly getting more and more uncomfortable at the way he was acting. "Because she came here with me." He said and met the kids eyes. The two stared at each other for a few seconds and eventually the short of the two backed off, knowing that he wasn't going to win the fight he was about to start. John turned his head to Brianna once he was gone. "Bri, are you ok?"

"I want to go," Brianna breathed out and John nodded, understanding completely.

"Alright," John nodded and grabbed the girls hand lightly and she locked her fingers with his. Drunken eyes were locked on them due to the situation and scene that had just played out but John didn't care, he just wanted to get the girl out of the party. "Let's go."