pretty boy

invest in love
season 6 ep 8

🎵Maneater-Nelly Furtado🎵

"You either wanna be with me or be me"

~~~~~

Madelyn wasn't looking forward to today, she hates HATES ped's, correction she hates kids, Maddy walks alone until she sees Jackson and Charles who are standing with Arizona and heads over to them "Okay, I know this is the first time on a Peds rotation with me for some of you. Not for others. But I wanted you to understand that I run my Peds unit a little differently than you may be used to. This is not general surgery in miniature. These are the tiny humans. These are children. They believe in magic. They play pretend. There is fairy dust in their I.V. bags. They hope and they cross their fingers and they make wishes. And that makes them more resilient than adults. They recover faster, survive worse. They believe. In Peds, we have ... miracles and magic. In Peds, anything is possible"

Jackson and Charles start quietly laughing behind Madelyn who turns to them making a gagging face as they're about to walk into the patients room

"Morning, Dr. Robbins." A small boy dressed as a doctor says

"Good morning, Dr. Wallace. I see that you've already introduced yourself to Mr. And Mrs. Boyd"

Mrs. Boyd smiles at the boy "Yes, reminds me of Hillary at that age. Such an overachiever"

"Dr. Shepherd why don't you present?" Callie says to Madelyn

"Excuse me, little ... doctor boy" Madelyn says nudging Wallace out of the way "Uh, Hillary boyd, 15 years old, fell off the roof of her house. 52 acute fractures were diagnosed when she was admitted last night. An intricate and extremely challenging OIF surgery was performed by Dr. Torres and Dr. Hunt this morning before rounds"

"Thank you, Dr. Shepherd If she fares well enough today, I'd like to go in tomorrow to repair her subtrochanteric fracture next"

"Can anyone tell me the proper dosage of ceftriaxone for a pediatric patient?" Arizona asks

"50 milligrams per kilogram per day" Jackson replies

"And, Dr. Wallace, can you tell me the proper dose for this patient if she were 42 kilograms?"

The boy thinks for a moment "2. 1 grams per day ... if you carry the decimal"

-

The doctors then go into Wallace's room, where he climbs into his bed "Okay, who's presenting?"

"I am, Dr. Robbins" the little boy says

"Proceed"

"Wallace Anderson ... 10 years old ... almost 11 ... Been here for 7 months. In and out over the past two years. Suffers from short gut syndrome, which means he can't properly absorb nutrition"

"Exactly. Dr. Percy?" Arizona says

"Uh, 15 intestinal surgeries to date, plus a bowel lengthening procedure, which helped for a while, but recently, he's had to go back to being fed through TPN"

Wallace's parents come in his Mom asking "How'd he do this morning?"

"We covered some pretty advanced algebraic conversions" Arizona replies