neuro problems

have you seen me lately?
season 8 ep 15

🎵War Of Hearts-Ruelle🎵

"I can't help but love you, even though I try not to"

~~~~~

"Ah. 65-year-old woman enters the E.R. in shock. Presents with a pulsatile, expanding abdominal mass. Go" Madelyn says to April who's updating the OR board

"Uhh, Ruptured triple-A. I would take the patient straight to the O.R. and access the peritoneal cavity through a vertical midline incision"

"Nice"

Meredith approaches them "You guys studying for the oral boards in the middle of the day?"

"Just another benefit of having a study buddy. You should get one" April says

"I have one. It's just that my stupid study buddy's too busy trying to save her stupid marriage to actually help me study"

"Well, you know what's better than a study buddy? A study lackey" Alex says "Check it. Hey, you. Brown-haired girl, you're up"

An intern rushes over "Uh, trauma incident or a surgical situation?"

"You made your interns come up with study questions?" April questions

"Surprise me" Alex says ignoring April

"A 12-year-old boy fell off his bike, hitting his abdomen against the handlebars. Complains of progressive abdominal pain and is short of breath. Breath sounds cloudy. What is it?" she reads as they walk away

Madelyn turns to Meredith "Hey, if you want, we could ..."

"I don't need help. I'm an excellent surgeon. You know it, and I know it. Everybody knows it. I don't have to prove myself to anyone"

"Yeah, except to the american board of surgery" Madelyn points out

Meredith sighs "Yeah, there's that"

~~~~~

Madelyn is walking with Callie when Meredith approaches them "Dr. Torres, Dr. Webber suggested... "

"Unh-unh, here's how this is gonna work ... I talk, and you listen. You are here because you and your little pals are all freaked out about the oral boards, and Dr. Webber suggested that Callie Torres might have a special secret study method, right?"

"Mm-hmm"

"Yeah, Dr. Webber's correct. Callie Torres does have a study method, an excellent study method, that Little Shep here has earned the right too..."

"I have?"

"-But i'm not about to just give it away to you. Callie Torres' study method has to be earned. Frankly, she doesn't think that Meredith Grey has what it takes"

The blonde pauses for a moment "I think she does, I think Meredith Grey has what it takes"

As they enter the ER a nurses comes over to them "His B.P. was low and his vessels are collapsed. We could only get one good I.V. in. We're gonna have to get another one"